Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Pretila Module 3 Test
Terms in this set (21)
Heresy that said that Jesus mind was divine not human.
A group of heretical religious movements that claimed salvation comes from secret knowledge available only to the elite initiated in that religion
A heresy that taught that Jesus only seemed to be human.
Heresy in Northern Africa that left the Church.
heresy that renounced all jewish influence, including the Old Testament
Jesus was not God
Mary gave birth to Jesus' human nature but not God. Also, Mary is not the mother of God.
What heresy violated Ubique?
What heresy violated Semper?
What mark of the Church is Ubqiue?
What mark of the Church is semper?
What is the requirement of Omnibus?
Consensus (Agreement among the Church)
Why did Vincent of Lerins write the "Comminatory"?
1. Fall of Rome
2. Used the Council of "Ephesus" (Response to Nestorianism)
What the Creed is:
1. Profession of Faith
2. Rule of Faith
3. Definition of Faith
4. Symbol of Faith
What the creed does:
1. Narrates the Christian Myth
3. Constructs a world view
4. Guides Christian practices
5. Prepares the Christian People for Worship
Metaphors of Tradition to Scripture:
1. Tether- limits the movement of interpretation
2. Fence- tradition provides a barrier for the interpretation we follow
3. Plot- tradition was the correct story line
Dorothy Sayers background
1. Friends with T.S. Elliot and C.S. Lewis
2. Had child with Salesman
3. Not Theologically Trained
Two types of relationships as God's Children
Vincent of Lerins statement of not, "exposing the nakedness of the fathers". What does it mean and what is its origins?
1. Comes from when Noah son, Ham, sees him naked and laughs at his nakedness.
2. It means to not judge our ancestors on their mistakes when they also provided a powerful backbone for the Church
3. We want people to be generous when they look back on us.
Difference between: kataphatic, apophatic, and analogical.
kataphatic is affirmative
apophatic is negative
analogical: Two things are both a like and unalike
2 Maccabees is the first explicit example of the general resurrection.
1. Christians are lined up and executed for their Faith from oldest to youngest and their mother has to watch.
2. They say, "The king of the world will raise us up to live again forever."
Other sets by this creator
Court Causes/Foundational Documents
AP Gov Midterm Quizzes
Module 5 Test
Recommended textbook solutions
Ways of the World: A Global History
Robert W. Strayer
Tonal Harmony, Workbook
Byron Almen, Dorothy Payne, Stefan Kostka
The Language of Composition: Reading, Writing, Rhetoric
Lawrence Scanlon, Renee H. Shea, Robin Dissin Aufses
The American Nation, Volume 2
Other Quizlet sets
physics study guide ?