5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are illusions?
- What is formication?
- What is characteristic of the undifferentiated type?
- What is anhedonia?
- What are the typical stages of schizophrenia?
- a active psychotic symptoms== but does not meet criteria for other types!
- b distortions of real images or sensations
- c prodromal, active, residual
main points of each phase:
prodromal: 1) onset takes place over months to years, social withdrawal, work impairment, blunting of emotion, avolition= lack of motivation and desire
Active: 1) hallucinations, delusions, or disorganized speech or behavior -- these symptoms lead to medical intervention
Residual: 1) Active phase symptoms are minimal, if not absent-- will see more negative symptoms
- d loss or reduction in capacity for experiencing pleasure
- e It is a tactile hallucination-- often times described as "bugs crawling under my skin"
5 Multiple choice questions
- 2 or more of the following:
1) motoric immobility evidenced by catalepsy
2) negativism or mutism
3) excessive motor activity
4) peculiar voluntary movements involving posture
5) echopraxia- involuntary, repetitive movement
6) echolalia- repeating what someone says-- automatically [almost like a parrot does!]
- hallucinations, illusions
- hallucinations, delusions, bizarre behavior, formal thought disorder
apathy and avolition
- -perceptions experienced without an external stimulus to the sense organs
-have a quality similar to a true perception
5 True/False questions
T/F A visual hallucination is not usually associated with an underlying medical issue. → the "four as" fundamental symptoms: autism, ambivalence, loosening of associations, inappropriate affect
What is characteristic of the residual type? → absence of delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech, grossly disorganized speech or catatonic behavior!
BUT will see presence of: negative symptoms or 2 or more symptoms used to diagnose schizo DMS-4 style.
What is avolition? → It is a tactile hallucination-- often times described as "bugs crawling under my skin"
What is characteristic of the paranoid type? → pre-occupation with one or more delusions or frequent auditory hallucinations [no disorganized speech, behavior, etc]
How would you describe bizarre behavior? → obsessive repetitions of meaningless words