5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- T/F. estimates of 1/3 to 2/3 of homeless people suffer from schizophrenia.
- What is derailment?
- What are illusions?
- What is formication?
- What are some characteristics of disorganized behavior?
- a It is a tactile hallucination-- often times described as "bugs crawling under my skin"
- b stereotypic movements
- c distortions of real images or sensations
- d true
- e a pattern of speech in which incomprehensible, disconnected, and unrelated ideas replace logical and orderly thought.
5 Multiple choice questions
- -perceptions experienced without an external stimulus to the sense organs
-have a quality similar to a true perception
delusions of reference
delusions of being controlled
delusions of mind reading
- bizarre : the delusion is clearly unlikely
Non-bizarre: the delusion is theoretically posislbe
1) ACTIVE psychotic symptoms for at least a month
2) functioning below the highest level expected
3) duration of illness for at least 6 mos (including prodromal or residual phases)
5 True/False questions
What is required in the active phase? → 1) Bizzare delusions OR hallucinations
2) 2 or more of the following symptoms
Grossly disorganized or catatonic behavior
negative symptoms (alogia, affective flattening, etc)
-These symptoms must be present for a large part of the time during the 1 month ACTIVE period, at least.
What are delusions? → strong beliefs that are untrue and are contrary to a person's educational and cultural background
What is characteristic of the catatonic type of schizophrenia? → pre-occupation with one or more delusions or frequent auditory hallucinations [no disorganized speech, behavior, etc]
What is echolalia? → copying someone's sounds
What is the co-morbidity of substance abuse [aka alcohol abuse or dependence] among schizophrenics? → 2 or more of the following:
1) motoric immobility evidenced by catalepsy
2) negativism or mutism
3) excessive motor activity
4) peculiar voluntary movements involving posture
5) echopraxia- involuntary, repetitive movement
6) echolalia- repeating what someone says-- automatically [almost like a parrot does!]