5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is formal thought disorder?
- What are types of delusions?
- What is required in the active phase?
- T/F. Olfactory and Gustory hallucinations are rare
- What is anhedonia?
- a derailment
pressure of speech
loosening of association
perseveration (repeating topics over and over again!)
neologisms (new word that is not in mainstream vocabulary)
can't think abstractly!
- b loss or reduction in capacity for experiencing pleasure
- c 1) Bizzare delusions OR hallucinations
2) 2 or more of the following symptoms
Grossly disorganized or catatonic behavior
negative symptoms (alogia, affective flattening, etc)
-These symptoms must be present for a large part of the time during the 1 month ACTIVE period, at least.
- d bizarre : the delusion is clearly unlikely
Non-bizarre: the delusion is theoretically posislbe
- e True
5 Multiple choice questions
- poverity of speech and thought-- it is a reduction in the quantity of thought.
and we know this because we see:
decreased fluency and productivity of speech.
- he described "first rank" symptoms including hallucinations, delusions, thought withdrawal, thought insertion, imposed feelings and impulses
- he emphasized the "positive symptoms of schizophrenia"
1) ACTIVE psychotic symptoms for at least a month
2) functioning below the highest level expected
3) duration of illness for at least 6 mos (including prodromal or residual phases)
- a pattern of speech in which incomprehensible, disconnected, and unrelated ideas replace logical and orderly thought.
- hallucinations, delusions, bizarre behavior, formal thought disorder
5 True/False questions
What is echolalia? → copying someone's sounds
What is characteristic of the paranoid type? → absence of delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech, grossly disorganized speech or catatonic behavior!
BUT will see presence of: negative symptoms or 2 or more symptoms used to diagnose schizo DMS-4 style.
T/F. Suicide is the leading cause of mortality in a person suffering from schizophrenia. → true
What are hallucinations defined as? → distortions of real images or sensations
T/F. estimates of 1/3 to 2/3 of homeless people suffer from schizophrenia. → true