5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a nobles offered protection and land in return for service.
- b the seperation between the two great branches of Christianity that occured when the Roman Pope Leo IX and the Byzantine patriarch Michael Cerularius excommunicated each other.
- c An unbeliever, a term applied to the Muslims during the Crusades.
- d a group of Christian communities, or parishes, under the authority of a bishop.
- e the bishop of Rome and head of the Roman Catholic Church.
5 Multiple choice questions
- under feudalism, a man who served a lord in a military capacity.
- A man who seperates himself from ordinary human society in order to dedicate himself to God.
- two men who were sent out to local districts to ensure that the counts were carrying out the kings wishes.
- the head of a convent
- in the Middle Ages, the ideal of civilized behavior that developed among the nobility.
5 True/False questions
Wergild → under feudalism, a man who served a lord in a military capacity.
Parishes → a group of Christian communities
Estates → military expeditions carried out by European Christians in the Middle Ages to regain the Holy Land from the Muslims.
Magyars → under feudalism, a man who served a lord in a military capacity.
Crusades → a group of Christian communities