5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Papal States
- a Rome and its surrounding territories.
- b the three classes into which French society was divided before the revolution: the clergy (first), the nobles (second), and the townspeople (third).
- c An unbeliever, a term applied to the Muslims during the Crusades.
- d nobles offered protection and land in return for service.
- e a group of Christian communities, or parishes, under the authority of a bishop.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Germanic tribes from Denmark and Northern Germany who moved in and settled in Britain.
- under feudalism, a member of the heavily armored calvary.
- A man who seperates himself from ordinary human society in order to dedicate himself to God.
- a group of Christian communities
- a people from western Asia.
5 True/False questions
Chivalry → in the Middle Ages, the ideal of civilized behavior that developed among the nobility.
Schism → the head of a convent
Pope → the bishop of Rome and head of the Roman Catholic Church.
Counts → acted as the king's representatives in local areas.
Crusades → military expeditions carried out by European Christians in the Middle Ages to regain the Holy Land from the Muslims.