5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Head lice
- Massage of a Boil
- Erysipelas sign and symptoms
- Herpes Simplex Sign & Symptoms
- Wart Treatment and massage
- a Prior to outbreak there may be some pain or tingling in the area affected, then a blister or small cluster on a red base will appear. The blisters will ooze then scab over in about a week to 10 days
- b there are a lot of over the counter remedies most of which contain the active ingredients salicylic acid. Other approches include freezing them with liquid nitrogen, electrosurger, carbon dioxide laser, ingections and excision. Howver in any case, should nay of the virus remain the wart is likely to reoccur. locally contraindicated: warts can be contagious if the edges are roughened.
- c locally contraindicated: check for systemic infection indicated by swelling of nearby lymph nodes, fever, and discomfort inareas other than where boil is. Sheets should be isolated and bleached thorougly
- d when starting on face will be raised red, hot tender area that spreads laterally looking like a "butterfly" rash taht may resemle lupus. Noticeable distinction is the sharp margin between affected and unaffected skin.
- e Spread by jumping from one host(human) to another. Can be found in hats or other head attire. No contact is needed to spread.
5 Multiple choice questions
- large and painful:hard, red, and can grow the size of a softball.
- 1.) epidermis 2.) Dermis
- topgraphical antifungal medications are typically used unless under the nail then internal doses of fungicides may be prescibed. Depending on the type massage may be locally or systemically contraindicated.
- least contagious, located around groin and buttocks area, a lot of tmes caused by yeast infection
- bathing with pesticidal soap and isolating bedding, towels, and clothing for a lenght of time. Systemically contraindicated
5 True/False questions
Erysipelas treatment & Massage → it's a virus and thus difficult to treat other tahn to wait it out. There are some drugs that help suppress activity, but prevention and staying healthy between outbreaks is the best means of control. Contraindicated durning an outbreak
Impetigo treatment and massage → topcial antibiotic creams for mild cases and oral antibiotics for more sever cases that show signs of systemic infection (ie fever and chills). systemically contraindivated untill lesions heal
Herpes simples etiology → Two types Oral or type 1 and genital or type 2. Oral herpes is trasmitted though oral or respiratory secretions while genital herpes is transmitted through genital mucous secretions during skin-to-skin contact. First or "primary" attacks may occur anywhere from 2-20 days after exposure. Up to 60% of all sexually actve adults may carry genital herpes and probably more carry oral herpes. Roughly 30 million people in the US experince at least one outbreak of some kind of herpes each year.
Wart sign and symptoms → reddish or grayish lines around the area scabies favor like the groin, axilla, elbows, palms of hands and between fingers. There will likely be tremendous itching and irritated blisters or pustules resulting from allergic reaction due to the excreted waste of the mite.
Fungal Infections → AKA Mycoses or Dermatopytosis