5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Massage of a Boil
- Head lice Treatment
- Fungal Infections signs and symptoms
- Herpes simples etiology
- Herpes Simplex Treatment & Massage
- a Two types Oral or type 1 and genital or type 2. Oral herpes is trasmitted though oral or respiratory secretions while genital herpes is transmitted through genital mucous secretions during skin-to-skin contact. First or "primary" attacks may occur anywhere from 2-20 days after exposure. Up to 60% of all sexually actve adults may carry genital herpes and probably more carry oral herpes. Roughly 30 million people in the US experince at least one outbreak of some kind of herpes each year.
- b it's a virus and thus difficult to treat other tahn to wait it out. There are some drugs that help suppress activity, but prevention and staying healthy between outbreaks is the best means of control. Contraindicated durning an outbreak
- c there are numersou types of infections some of the most common are: Tinea Corporis "Body ringworm", Tinea Capitits "head ringworm", Tinea Pedis, "athletes foot", Tinea Cruris "jock itch"
- d Pesticidal shampoo, followed by applications of medicine, then combing each section of the hari with a fine tooth comb. Alternative treatments include smothering them with petroleum jelly or mayonnaise though these are less effective. Linens and clothing should be washed at 130 F and dried on high heat for 20 min. Massage is systemically contraindiacated
- e locally contraindicated: check for systemic infection indicated by swelling of nearby lymph nodes, fever, and discomfort inareas other than where boil is. Sheets should be isolated and bleached thorougly
5 Multiple choice questions
- as contagious as body ringworm but found in the scalp. Scratching that results in scar tissue may also result in temporary or permanent hair loss
- localized bacterial infections (staph) sebaceous (oil) glands clogged with dirt, deak skin, and other debris create enviroment for aggressive bacteria that causes boils.
- very contagious starts as a small round, red, scaly, itch patch of skin on the torso which spreads by scratching. Ring appears as the fungus helas from the center outward.
- there are a lot of over the counter remedies most of which contain the active ingredients salicylic acid. Other approches include freezing them with liquid nitrogen, electrosurger, carbon dioxide laser, ingections and excision. Howver in any case, should nay of the virus remain the wart is likely to reoccur. locally contraindicated: warts can be contagious if the edges are roughened.
- Spread by jumping from one host(human) to another. Can be found in hats or other head attire. No contact is needed to spread.
5 True/False questions
Erysipelas sign and symptoms → when starting on face will be raised red, hot tender area that spreads laterally looking like a "butterfly" rash taht may resemle lupus. Noticeable distinction is the sharp margin between affected and unaffected skin.
Public lice signs & Symptoms → itching caused by irritating saliva will be the first sign. Visual confirmation can be attained by looking at the scalp for "nits" the eggs which look like tiny grains of rice. Dark nits are un-hatched while white nits are the empty shell still attached to the hair. Incubation is approximately 1 week.
Mites sign and symptoms → reddish or grayish lines around the area scabies favor like the groin, axilla, elbows, palms of hands and between fingers. There will likely be tremendous itching and irritated blisters or pustules resulting from allergic reaction due to the excreted waste of the mite.
Mites → Parasites that burrow under the skin in warm moist places, leaving lesions called scabies. Under the skin they drink blood, release their waste, and lay eggs.
Impetigo Signs and Symptoms → most commonly found in hot humid climates or in dry cold areas when winter chaps lips and dries skin. It's itchy and begins with small blisters filled with murky fluid that for a honey-color crust when popped