5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fungal Infections signs and symptoms
- Fungal Infections
- Boils "furuncles"
- Massage of a Boil
- a bacteria infection (Strep) usually originating on face or lower leg.
- b there are numersou types of infections some of the most common are: Tinea Corporis "Body ringworm", Tinea Capitits "head ringworm", Tinea Pedis, "athletes foot", Tinea Cruris "jock itch"
- c AKA Mycoses or Dermatopytosis
- d localized bacterial infections (staph) sebaceous (oil) glands clogged with dirt, deak skin, and other debris create enviroment for aggressive bacteria that causes boils.
- e locally contraindicated: check for systemic infection indicated by swelling of nearby lymph nodes, fever, and discomfort inareas other than where boil is. Sheets should be isolated and bleached thorougly
5 Multiple choice questions
- most commonly found in hot humid climates or in dry cold areas when winter chaps lips and dries skin. It's itchy and begins with small blisters filled with murky fluid that for a honey-color crust when popped
- reddish or grayish lines around the area scabies favor like the groin, axilla, elbows, palms of hands and between fingers. There will likely be tremendous itching and irritated blisters or pustules resulting from allergic reaction due to the excreted waste of the mite.
- affects approximately 20% of popluation and is generally found between toes. Aside for itching and burning it has weeping blisters, cracking, pealing skin which can lead to other infections like lymphangitis or erysipelas
- very contagious starts as a small round, red, scaly, itch patch of skin on the torso which spreads by scratching. Ring appears as the fungus helas from the center outward.
- a hearty virus that can survive outside of the body for hours at a time resulting in cold sores or fever blisters on the face around the mouth or in blisters around the genitals and buttocks
5 True/False questions
Mites → a parasite similar to mites but much larger and divided into two types 1) head, 2) Pubic
Public Lice spread → generally spread through sexual contract but can be contracted from infested linens. They don't jump and are the most difficult to contract.
Herpes simples etiology → Two types Oral or type 1 and genital or type 2. Oral herpes is trasmitted though oral or respiratory secretions while genital herpes is transmitted through genital mucous secretions during skin-to-skin contact. First or "primary" attacks may occur anywhere from 2-20 days after exposure. Up to 60% of all sexually actve adults may carry genital herpes and probably more carry oral herpes. Roughly 30 million people in the US experince at least one outbreak of some kind of herpes each year.
Erysipelas sign and symptoms → reddish or grayish lines around the area scabies favor like the groin, axilla, elbows, palms of hands and between fingers. There will likely be tremendous itching and irritated blisters or pustules resulting from allergic reaction due to the excreted waste of the mite.
Wart sign and symptoms → Cauliflower-shaped growths on the skin