5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fungal Infections signs and symptoms
- Fungal Infections
- Public Lice "crabs"
- Impetigo treatment and massage
- Boils "furuncles"
- a localized bacterial infections (staph) sebaceous (oil) glands clogged with dirt, deak skin, and other debris create enviroment for aggressive bacteria that causes boils.
- b topcial antibiotic creams for mild cases and oral antibiotics for more sever cases that show signs of systemic infection (ie fever and chills). systemically contraindivated untill lesions heal
- c AKA Mycoses or Dermatopytosis
- d there are numersou types of infections some of the most common are: Tinea Corporis "Body ringworm", Tinea Capitits "head ringworm", Tinea Pedis, "athletes foot", Tinea Cruris "jock itch"
- e live primarily in pubic hair but will also live in arpit hari and have been found in eyebrows
5 Multiple choice questions
- bacterial infection caused by both (staph and strep) generally found in children and it usually occurs around the nose and mouth but may be found anywhere on the body.
- large and painful:hard, red, and can grow the size of a softball.
- Pesticidal shampoo, followed by applications of medicine, then combing each section of the hari with a fine tooth comb. Alternative treatments include smothering them with petroleum jelly or mayonnaise though these are less effective. Linens and clothing should be washed at 130 F and dried on high heat for 20 min. Massage is systemically contraindiacated
- reddish or grayish lines around the area scabies favor like the groin, axilla, elbows, palms of hands and between fingers. There will likely be tremendous itching and irritated blisters or pustules resulting from allergic reaction due to the excreted waste of the mite.
- bacteria infection (Strep) usually originating on face or lower leg.
5 True/False questions
Wart sign and symptoms → Cauliflower-shaped growths on the skin
Herpes simples etiology → a hearty virus that can survive outside of the body for hours at a time resulting in cold sores or fever blisters on the face around the mouth or in blisters around the genitals and buttocks
Fungal Infections → thrive in warm moist places and tend to infect people with sluggish immune systems. Transmitted by skin to skin contact and has a 4 to 14 day incubation period
How mites spread → generally spread through sexual contract but can be contracted from infested linens. They don't jump and are the most difficult to contract.
Herpes Simplex Sign & Symptoms → itching caused by irritating saliva will be the first sign. Visual confirmation can be attained by looking at the scalp for "nits" the eggs which look like tiny grains of rice. Dark nits are un-hatched while white nits are the empty shell still attached to the hair. Incubation is approximately 1 week.