5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mites sign and symptoms
- Impetigo treatment and massage
- Fungal Infections
- Herpes simples etiology
- Erysipelas sign and symptoms
- a AKA Mycoses or Dermatopytosis
- b reddish or grayish lines around the area scabies favor like the groin, axilla, elbows, palms of hands and between fingers. There will likely be tremendous itching and irritated blisters or pustules resulting from allergic reaction due to the excreted waste of the mite.
- c when starting on face will be raised red, hot tender area that spreads laterally looking like a "butterfly" rash taht may resemle lupus. Noticeable distinction is the sharp margin between affected and unaffected skin.
- d topcial antibiotic creams for mild cases and oral antibiotics for more sever cases that show signs of systemic infection (ie fever and chills). systemically contraindivated untill lesions heal
- e Two types Oral or type 1 and genital or type 2. Oral herpes is trasmitted though oral or respiratory secretions while genital herpes is transmitted through genital mucous secretions during skin-to-skin contact. First or "primary" attacks may occur anywhere from 2-20 days after exposure. Up to 60% of all sexually actve adults may carry genital herpes and probably more carry oral herpes. Roughly 30 million people in the US experince at least one outbreak of some kind of herpes each year.
5 Multiple choice questions
- through close personal contact with something someone has worn or laid on (i.e. sheets
- thrive in warm moist places and tend to infect people with sluggish immune systems. Transmitted by skin to skin contact and has a 4 to 14 day incubation period
- follow same protocol as head lice. systemically contraindicated
- large and painful:hard, red, and can grow the size of a softball.
- bathing with pesticidal soap and isolating bedding, towels, and clothing for a lenght of time. Systemically contraindicated
5 True/False questions
Erysipelas treatment & Massage → it's a virus and thus difficult to treat other tahn to wait it out. There are some drugs that help suppress activity, but prevention and staying healthy between outbreaks is the best means of control. Contraindicated durning an outbreak
Tinea Pedis "athletes foot" → affects approximately 20% of popluation and is generally found between toes. Aside for itching and burning it has weeping blisters, cracking, pealing skin which can lead to other infections like lymphangitis or erysipelas
Fungal Infection treatment & Massage → topgraphical antifungal medications are typically used unless under the nail then internal doses of fungicides may be prescibed. Depending on the type massage may be locally or systemically contraindicated.
Boils "furuncles" → localized bacterial infections (staph) sebaceous (oil) glands clogged with dirt, deak skin, and other debris create enviroment for aggressive bacteria that causes boils.
Treatment of a Boil → locally contraindicated: check for systemic infection indicated by swelling of nearby lymph nodes, fever, and discomfort inareas other than where boil is. Sheets should be isolated and bleached thorougly