5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Head lice sign & symptoms
- Skin function
- Impetigo Signs and Symptoms
- Tinea Capitis "head ringworm"
- Herpes Simplex Sign & Symptoms
- a Prior to outbreak there may be some pain or tingling in the area affected, then a blister or small cluster on a red base will appear. The blisters will ooze then scab over in about a week to 10 days
- b most commonly found in hot humid climates or in dry cold areas when winter chaps lips and dries skin. It's itchy and begins with small blisters filled with murky fluid that for a honey-color crust when popped
- c itching caused by irritating saliva will be the first sign. Visual confirmation can be attained by looking at the scalp for "nits" the eggs which look like tiny grains of rice. Dark nits are un-hatched while white nits are the empty shell still attached to the hair. Incubation is approximately 1 week.
- d 1.) protection a. keep pathogens out b. sloughs off dead cells and potential invaders c. prevents pathogen growth 2.) Homeostasis a. keep things where they belong b. prevents fluid loss 3.) Sensory envelope 4) Absorption & Secretion a. absorbs fat soluble materials b. excretes metobolic waste
- e as contagious as body ringworm but found in the scalp. Scratching that results in scar tissue may also result in temporary or permanent hair loss
5 Multiple choice questions
- topgraphical antifungal medications are typically used unless under the nail then internal doses of fungicides may be prescibed. Depending on the type massage may be locally or systemically contraindicated.
- generally spread through sexual contract but can be contracted from infested linens. They don't jump and are the most difficult to contract.
- bacterial infection caused by both (staph and strep) generally found in children and it usually occurs around the nose and mouth but may be found anywhere on the body.
- 1.) epidermis 2.) Dermis
- affects approximately 20% of popluation and is generally found between toes. Aside for itching and burning it has weeping blisters, cracking, pealing skin which can lead to other infections like lymphangitis or erysipelas
5 True/False questions
Mites sign and symptoms → reddish or grayish lines around the area scabies favor like the groin, axilla, elbows, palms of hands and between fingers. There will likely be tremendous itching and irritated blisters or pustules resulting from allergic reaction due to the excreted waste of the mite.
Head lice Treatment → follow same protocol as head lice. systemically contraindicated
Mite treatment and massages → bathing with pesticidal soap and isolating bedding, towels, and clothing for a lenght of time. Systemically contraindicated
Impetigo treatment and massage → there are a lot of over the counter remedies most of which contain the active ingredients salicylic acid. Other approches include freezing them with liquid nitrogen, electrosurger, carbon dioxide laser, ingections and excision. Howver in any case, should nay of the virus remain the wart is likely to reoccur. locally contraindicated: warts can be contagious if the edges are roughened.
Public lice signs & Symptoms → itching caused by irritating saliva will be the first sign. Visual confirmation can be attained by looking at the scalp for "nits" the eggs which look like tiny grains of rice. Dark nits are un-hatched while white nits are the empty shell still attached to the hair. Incubation is approximately 1 week.