5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fungal Infections
- Herpes simples etiology
- Public lice treatment
- Tinea Corporis "body ringworm"
- Wart Treatment and massage
- a Two types Oral or type 1 and genital or type 2. Oral herpes is trasmitted though oral or respiratory secretions while genital herpes is transmitted through genital mucous secretions during skin-to-skin contact. First or "primary" attacks may occur anywhere from 2-20 days after exposure. Up to 60% of all sexually actve adults may carry genital herpes and probably more carry oral herpes. Roughly 30 million people in the US experince at least one outbreak of some kind of herpes each year.
- b very contagious starts as a small round, red, scaly, itch patch of skin on the torso which spreads by scratching. Ring appears as the fungus helas from the center outward.
- c there are a lot of over the counter remedies most of which contain the active ingredients salicylic acid. Other approches include freezing them with liquid nitrogen, electrosurger, carbon dioxide laser, ingections and excision. Howver in any case, should nay of the virus remain the wart is likely to reoccur. locally contraindicated: warts can be contagious if the edges are roughened.
- d follow same protocol as head lice. systemically contraindicated
- e AKA Mycoses or Dermatopytosis
5 Multiple choice questions
- thrive in warm moist places and tend to infect people with sluggish immune systems. Transmitted by skin to skin contact and has a 4 to 14 day incubation period
- a)hot compresses to help burst and drain relieveing pressure and pain b) antibiotics c) lancing by a dr.
- itching caused by irritating saliva will be the first sign. Visual confirmation can be attained by looking at the scalp for "nits" the eggs which look like tiny grains of rice. Dark nits are un-hatched while white nits are the empty shell still attached to the hair. Incubation is approximately 1 week.
- Spread by jumping from one host(human) to another. Can be found in hats or other head attire. No contact is needed to spread.
- large and painful:hard, red, and can grow the size of a softball.
5 True/False questions
Erysipelas sign and symptoms → reddish or grayish lines around the area scabies favor like the groin, axilla, elbows, palms of hands and between fingers. There will likely be tremendous itching and irritated blisters or pustules resulting from allergic reaction due to the excreted waste of the mite.
Herpes Simplex Treatment & Massage → antibiotics, sytemically contraindicated: this infection may spread to both the lymph and circulatry systems.
Public Lice spread → generally spread through sexual contract but can be contracted from infested linens. They don't jump and are the most difficult to contract.
Lice → a parasite similar to mites but much larger and divided into two types 1) head, 2) Pubic
Head lice Treatment → follow same protocol as head lice. systemically contraindicated