Create an account
Types of endocytosis
1. phagocytosis: cell membrane reaches out and engulfs matter, only a few cells can do that --> only for signaling, not for actual cell-entry
2. pincytosis: a little cave-in ("invaginations") engulfs particles, nonselective, most cells do it
3. receptor-mediated endocytosis: specific uptake of macromolecules (hormones and nutrients)
--> clathrin coated pits (clathrin is the protein that binds to the big stuff)
PNS = Somatic + Autonomic
Somatic: ennervations in and out of skeletal muscle cells
Autonomic: ennervations in and out of the inside muscle cells (cardiac, food stuff, glands)
What's within the Autonomic Motor branch of this whole nerve business?
Types of sensory receptors (5)
1. mechanoreceptors = touch
2. thermoreceptors = temperature change
3. nociceptors = pain
4. electromagnetic receptors = light
5. chemoreceptors = taste
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together