5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Downward mobility
- caste system
- a refers to someone dropping out of school, losing a job, or becoming divorced
- b is a social stratification based on ascription or birth. It is a closed system because birth alone determines a person's entire future, with little or no social mobility
- c the tendency of group members to conform, resulting ina narrow view of some issue.
- d a social group with two members
- e a social group with three members
5 Multiple choice questions
- to describe a focus on rules and regulations to the point of undermining an organizations goal.
- cultural beliefs that justify particular social arrangements, including patterns of inequality
- is a model of economic and social development that explains global inequality in terms of historical exploitation of poor nations by rich ones. Dependency theory
- a composite ranking based on various dimensions of social inequality.
- the experience of isolation and misery resulting from powerlessness
5 True/False questions
Davis-Moore thesis → states that social stratification has beneficial consequences for the operation of society
absolute poverty → the lack of resources of some people in relation to those who have more.
neocolonial ism → the process by which some nations enrich themselves through pilitical and economic control of other nations
medicalization deviance → is a model of economic and social development that explains global inequality in terms of teachnoligical and cultural difference between nations. Max Weber
Labeling theory → the idea that deviance and conformity result not so much from what people do as from how others respond to those actions.