5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- dependency theory
- Primary groups
- absolute poverty
- a is a model of economic and social development that explains global inequality in terms of historical exploitation of poor nations by rich ones. Dependency theory
- b is a small social group whose members share personal and lasting relationships
- c a lack of resources that s life threatening
- d people who sell their labor wages
- e cultural beliefs that justify particular social arrangements, including patterns of inequality
5 Multiple choice questions
- is a model of economic and social development that explains global inequality in terms of teachnoligical and cultural difference between nations. Max Weber
- is the application of scientific principles to the operation of business or other large organization.
- a new form of global power relationships that nvolves not direct political control but economic exploitation by multinational corporations.
- higher prestige jobs that involve mostly mental activity
- It is the amount of wealth, usually described in currency, that we produce over and above what was needed for our labor power. Marx called the surplus "s."
5 True/False questions
caste system → people who own and operate factories and other businesses in pursuit of profits
Colonialism → the process by which some nations enrich themselves through pilitical and economic control of other nations
white collar crime → higher prestige jobs that involve mostly mental activity
Labeling theory → the idea that deviance and conformity result not so much from what people do as from how others respond to those actions.
Social Mobility → a change in position within the social heirachy.