5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- medicalization deviance
- modernization theory
- a cultural beliefs that justify particular social arrangements, including patterns of inequality
- b the process by which some nations enrich themselves through pilitical and economic control of other nations
- c is a social group toward which a person feels a sense of competition and opposition.
- d the transformaiton of moral and legal deviance into medical condition
- e is a model of economic and social development that explains global inequality in terms of teachnoligical and cultural difference between nations. Max Weber
5 Multiple choice questions
- a way of thinking that emphizes deliberate, matter of fact calculation of the most efficient way to accomplish a particular task.
- is the degree of uniformity in a person's social standing across various dimensions of social inequality
- A principle which states that employees tend to be promoted to a level above the level at which they are competent and efficient, a process which creates incompetent senior management in any organization.
- the historical change from tradtion to rationality as the main typer of human thought
- higher prestige jobs that involve mostly mental activity
5 True/False questions
Labeling theory → the idea that deviance and conformity result not so much from what people do as from how others respond to those actions.
white collar crime → crime commited by people of high social position in the course of their occupations
Davis-Moore thesis → states that social stratification has beneficial consequences for the operation of society
Upward mobility → refers to someone earning a degree, landing a higher paying job, or marrying someone who has a good income
Bureaucratic ritualism → to describe a focus on rules and regulations to the point of undermining an organizations goal.