5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- rationalization of society
- Parkinson's law
- Social Mobility
- Social stratification
- a a system by whic a society ranks categories of people in a heirchy, based
- b the historical change from tradtion to rationality as the main typer of human thought
- c a change in position within the social heirachy.
- d is work that can be done by one person in an hour and three people in two hours. to the effect that 'work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion'
- e the tendency of group members to conform, resulting ina narrow view of some issue.
5 Multiple choice questions
- states that social stratification has beneficial consequences for the operation of society
- the experience of isolation and misery resulting from powerlessness
- the lack of resources of some people in relation to those who have more.
- is a model of economic and social development that explains global inequality in terms of teachnoligical and cultural difference between nations. Max Weber
- a new form of global power relationships that nvolves not direct political control but economic exploitation by multinational corporations.
5 True/False questions
absolute poverty → the lack of resources of some people in relation to those who have more.
Upward mobility → refers to someone dropping out of school, losing a job, or becoming divorced
Labeling theory → is a model of economic and social development that explains global inequality in terms of historical exploitation of poor nations by rich ones. Dependency theory
peter principle → A principle which states that employees tend to be promoted to a level above the level at which they are competent and efficient, a process which creates incompetent senior management in any organization.
Colonialism → the process by which some nations enrich themselves through pilitical and economic control of other nations