5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- modernization theory
- Social stratification
- Downward mobility
- Parkinson's law
- a is a social group toward which a member feels respect and loyalty
- b a system by whic a society ranks categories of people in a heirchy, based
- c is a model of economic and social development that explains global inequality in terms of teachnoligical and cultural difference between nations. Max Weber
- d is work that can be done by one person in an hour and three people in two hours. to the effect that 'work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion'
- e refers to someone dropping out of school, losing a job, or becoming divorced
5 Multiple choice questions
- to describe a focus on rules and regulations to the point of undermining an organizations goal.
- large business that operates in many countries
- the process by which some nations enrich themselves through pilitical and economic control of other nations
- is a social group toward which a person feels a sense of competition and opposition.
- higher prestige jobs that involve mostly mental activity
5 True/False questions
Labeling theory → the idea that deviance and conformity result not so much from what people do as from how others respond to those actions.
Davis-Moore thesis → is a model of economic and social development that explains global inequality in terms of historical exploitation of poor nations by rich ones. Dependency theory
peter principle → is a small social group whose members share personal and lasting relationships
secondary groups → is a large and impersonal social group whose members pursue a specific goal or activity
proletarians → the tendency of group members to conform, resulting ina narrow view of some issue.