5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Surplus wealth
- a the process by which some nations enrich themselves through pilitical and economic control of other nations
- b the tendency of group members to conform, resulting ina narrow view of some issue.
- c It is the amount of wealth, usually described in currency, that we produce over and above what was needed for our labor power. Marx called the surplus "s."
- d is a social group toward which a member feels respect and loyalty
- e people who sell their labor wages
5 Multiple choice questions
- a way of thinking that emphizes deliberate, matter of fact calculation of the most efficient way to accomplish a particular task.
- a social group with three members
- is the application of scientific principles to the operation of business or other large organization.
- is a large and impersonal social group whose members pursue a specific goal or activity
- a social group with two members
5 True/False questions
Social Mobility → a change in position within the social heirachy.
white collar occupations → lower-prestige jobs that involve mostly manual labor
out-group → is a social group toward which a person feels a sense of competition and opposition.
status consistency → is a social stratification based on ascription or birth. It is a closed system because birth alone determines a person's entire future, with little or no social mobility
caste system → is a social stratification based on ascription or birth. It is a closed system because birth alone determines a person's entire future, with little or no social mobility