5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Parkinson's law
- white collar occupations
- Bureaucratic ritualism
- rationalization of society
- a higher prestige jobs that involve mostly mental activity
- b the process by which some nations enrich themselves through pilitical and economic control of other nations
- c is work that can be done by one person in an hour and three people in two hours. to the effect that 'work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion'
- d to describe a focus on rules and regulations to the point of undermining an organizations goal.
- e the historical change from tradtion to rationality as the main typer of human thought
5 Multiple choice questions
- the transformaiton of moral and legal deviance into medical condition
- states that social stratification has beneficial consequences for the operation of society
- the experience of isolation and misery resulting from powerlessness
- a lack of resources that s life threatening
- the tendency of group members to conform, resulting ina narrow view of some issue.
5 True/False questions
multinational corportion → large business that operates in many countries
proletarians → people who sell their labor wages
stigma → a powerfully negative label that greatly changes a person's self concept and social identity.
dependency theory → is a model of economic and social development that explains global inequality in terms of historical exploitation of poor nations by rich ones. Dependency theory
capitalist → a way of thinking that emphizes deliberate, matter of fact calculation of the most efficient way to accomplish a particular task.