5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- intermittent venous access device
- a refers to the concentration of electrolytes in a certain volume of a solution.
- b standard or scale of measurement
- c (heparin or saline lock) IV infusion device with a male adapter covered by a rubber diaphragm for intermittent IV therapy
- d candy-like coated shell of the tablet to prevent medications from being absorbed in the stomach; absorption takes place in the intestines.
- e means "hundredths"
5 Multiple choice questions
- also called factor labeling. Method that calculates dosages using 3 factors: drug label; conversion; drug order.
- in the cheek
- an individuals unique hypersensitivity to a particular drug
- crushed to powder
- quality or state of existing together in harmony
5 True/False questions
metabolite → substance produced by metabolic action, which results in the breakdown of the drug
means → inner terms of the proportion
proportion → shows the relationship of one number or quantity to another number or quantity
cumulative → top number of a fraction
drip factor → method that is used to deliver measured amounts of IV solutions at specific flow rates based on the size of drops of the solution