5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- drip factor
- patient controlled analgesia (PCA)
- a increasing by incremental steps with an eventual total; build up in the body
- b drug delivery system that dispenses a preset IV dose of an opioid analgesic into the pt when pt pushes a switch.
- c drug the will block the action of another drug
- d method that is used to deliver measured amounts of IV solutions at specific flow rates based on the size of drops of the solution
- e study of drugs and their action on the living body
5 Multiple choice questions
- ungraduated, disposable paper cup
- pertaining to treatment other than through the digestive system
- an individuals unique hypersensitivity to a particular drug
- in the cheek
- space within an artery, vein, intestine, or tube such as a needle or catheter
5 True/False questions
denominator → top number of a fraction
body surface area → defined as the total area exposed to the outside environment.
dimensional analysis (DA) → drug delivery system that dispenses a preset IV dose of an opioid analgesic into the pt when pt pushes a switch.
graduated → standard or scale of measurement
potentiation → when one drug increases the action or effect of another drug