5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- adverse drug reaction
- a bottom number of a fraction
- b harmful, unintended reaction to a drug administered at a normal dosage
- c when one drug increases the action or effect of another drug
- d top number of a fraction
- e means "hundredths"
5 Multiple choice questions
- within, or by way of, the intestine
- drug delivery system that dispenses a preset IV dose of an opioid analgesic into the pt when pt pushes a switch.
- ungraduated, disposable paper cup
- study of drugs and their action on the living body
- candy-like coated shell of the tablet to prevent medications from being absorbed in the stomach; absorption takes place in the intestines.
5 True/False questions
idiosyncratic → an individuals unique hypersensitivity to a particular drug
gauge → standard or scale of measurement
tolerance → state that develops as the amount and frequency of use of an addicting substance increases to achieve the same effect
meniscus → curved upper surface of a column of liquid as in a mercury column
therapeutic → shows the relationship of one number or quantity to another number or quantity