5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a pertaining to treatment other than through the digestive system
- b space within an artery, vein, intestine, or tube such as a needle or catheter
- c candy-like coated shell of the tablet to prevent medications from being absorbed in the stomach; absorption takes place in the intestines.
- d standard or scale of measurement
- e means "hundredths"
5 Multiple choice questions
- severe, life threatening hypersensitivity reaction to a previously encountered antigen
- quality or state of existing together in harmony
- through the skin or mucous membrane
- (heparin or saline lock) IV infusion device with a male adapter covered by a rubber diaphragm for intermittent IV therapy
- harmful, unintended reaction to a drug administered at a normal dosage
5 True/False questions
souffle cup → ungraduated, disposable paper cup
antagonist → drug that produces a predictable response at the intended site of action
tolerance → inner terms of the proportion
milliequivalent → refers to the concentration of electrolytes in a certain volume of a solution.
potentiation → when one drug increases the action or effect of another drug