5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- amino acids
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- a ability to reproduce
- b Remain inactive until needed to repair or replace damaged cells. Replenish tissues that have a lot of turnover (i.e. blood and skin cells)
- c Disorder- patients can't focus on one task for long
- d a genetically modified flower that can produce insulin
- e building blocks of proteins
5 Multiple choice questions
- Limits the body's natural immune system. Organ recipients must take these drugs for the rest of their lives. However, this limits the body's ability to fight actual infections
- Invented the vaccine for smallpox
- Field regarding the ethics of biotechnology
- version of the trait that is only expressed if there are no dominant alleles of the same gene present
- Heats food long enough to kill all the bacteria in it, but cools it in time to preserve its flavor.
5 True/False questions
Anthrax → Causes skin blisters and life-threatening pneumonia. Survives for long periods as spores
transduction → the process of a virus transferring DNA form one cell to another
Telomerase → Enzyme that lengthens telomeres and keeps cells from dying. Produced by cancerous cells.
Lancing the Boil → Slice boils open with something sharp to "treat it".
dominant allele → the version of the trait that is expressed whenever it is present; it masks recessive alleles