5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- amino acids
- Edward Jenner
- a enzyme that re-connects the 2 DNA strands
- b unplanned changes in genes
- c building blocks of proteins
- d A large fermentation tank for growing microorganisms.
- e Invented the vaccine for smallpox
5 Multiple choice questions
- Gender change
- Fused fraternal twin: person who originally had a twin in the womb, but absorbed him/her. Has a mosaic of genetic material
- Helps keep the patient's heart pumping, sometimes through electrical stimulation
- Foreign gene that is transferred into target cell or tissue
- nucleotides that are complimentary / pair up with each other (e.g. adenine with thymine, cytosine with guanine)
5 True/False questions
Telomeres → Sit at the end of DNA to protect them from falling apart. Shrinks as the organism ages.
Biological Warfare → The use of bacteria or viruses or toxins to destroy men and animals or food
Outcross → Causes skin blisters and life-threatening pneumonia. Survives for long periods as spores
restriction endonucleases → enzymes that select and cut DNA strands
Norepinephrine and dopamine → closely related to cocaine, used to combat ADHD. Increase amounts of norepinephrine and dopamine in the brain.