5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Norepinephrine and dopamine
- Golden Rice
- a a device that delivers electrical impulses to the heart to regulate the heartbeat
- b Plays a role in cognition, mood, emotions. More of these in the brain gives patients better attention spans, more energy, and even a sense of happiness.
- c Causes skin blisters and life-threatening pneumonia. Survives for long periods as spores
- d Ultimate stem cell, capable of forming all the other cells in a fetus
- e Genetically modified rice that produces edible beta-carotene, which the body can turn into vitamin A
5 Multiple choice questions
- Can only become one type of cell
- proteins that catalyze (speed up or activate) chemical reactions
- A drug that keeps more serotonin in the brain, used to make depression patients feel better (i.e. Prozac)
- when DNA is inserted into the wrong place
- Cells that are able to become any type of cell in the body. They also have the ability to renew themselves.
5 True/False questions
Variable number tandem repeats (VNTR) → proteins that are associated with viruses
patent protection → protection of a certain product from unauthorized copying; the company Genentech got this for their bacteria that produced insulin
Lancing the Boil → Slice boils open with something sharp to "treat it".
Virus-associated proteins (VAPs) → proteins that are associated with viruses
Biofortification → Field regarding the ethics of biotechnology