Create an account
1. given unearned or without recompense
2. not involving a return benefit, compensation, or consideration
3. costing nothing : free
4. not called for by the circumstances : unwarranted
1. lacking mildness: as
2. archaic; severe in temper or action; unmerciful
3. physically severe; stormy
1. playing lightly on or over a surface; flickering
2 softly bright or radiant
3 marked by lightness or brilliance especially of expression
1. of, relating to, or characteristic of the world
2 characterized by the practical, transitory, and ordinary; commonplace
1. obsolete; being an omen
2. exciting amazement or wonder
3. extraordinary in bulk, quantity, or degree; enormous
1. an office or position requiring little or no work, especially one yielding profitable returns.
2. an ecclesiastical benefice without cure of souls.
1. thin or slender in form, as a thread.
2. lacking a sound basis, as reasoning; unsubstantiated; weak
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together