6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Define patterns of interaction in the insurgency
- Physical components and structures of the system
- Indicators that allow progress to be tracked at the strategic, operational, and tactical levels, and most important to provide an understanding of the key pressure points
- Social systems, Energetically open but organizationally closed, Self-organizing systems, non-equilibrium, GREATER THAN THE SUM OF THEIR PARTS!
- Key indicator of population confidence in security forces and in the long term the viability of the counterinsurgency effort
- Spontaneous local trade industry, industry, and economic development are only possible in an atmosphere of relative stability and security
5 True/False questions
Boundaries → Limit between the insurgent movement and its environment
Initiative → Energy and matter the insurgency takes up from its environment
Cultural Leverage → Basic language training, understanding cultural norms and expectations, understanding how local populations and insurgents think.
Cultural Awareness → Highest level of cultural capability, ability to use culture as a tool in an insurgent system
Outputs → Energy and matter the insurgency takes up from its environment