Create an account
a woman who flirts lightheartedly with men to win their admiration and affection; flirt ‒ think Curley's wife
1. cheerfully optimistic, hopeful, or confident. 2. ruddy in appearance or complexion. 3. blood-red
person who flatters and ingratiates himself or herself in a servile way; sycophant - can also be used as a verb
1. of an unnatural or sickly pallor; pallid; lacking color. 2. showing or suggesting ill health, fatigue, unhappiness, etc. 3. lacking in forcefulness, competence, or effectiveness
1. to remove or separate. 2. (usually passive ) to retire into seclusion. 3. law to take (property) temporarily out of the possession of its owner, esp until the claims of creditors are satisfied or a court order is complied with
1. lacking or having lost life, sharpness, or flavor; insipid; flat. 2. without liveliness or spirit; dull or tedious
1. a rich mass of ore, as found in mining. 2. a source of great and sudden wealth or luck; a spectacular windfall
1. to reject or renounce under oath 2. to deny vehemently or under oath 3. to perjure (oneself).
1. characterized by or showing servile complaisance or deference; fawning. 2. servilely compliant or deferential; obedient; dutiful
obvious and intentional exaggeration; an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as "to wait an eternity."
1. present but not visible, apparent, or actualized; existing as potential. 2. Pathology. (of an infectious agent or disease) remaining in an inactive or hidden phase; dormant.
a state in which progress is impossible, as in a dispute, produced by the counteraction of opposing forces; standstill; stalemate (like in a negotiation); impasse
1. having an agreeably pungent or tart taste 2. lively or stimulating to the mind; interesting
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together