5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- SOCIAL CONTROL THEORY- probability of deviance _______ as a person's ties to society ___________?
- Fuctionalism- crime results from rapid ___________ and lack of ______________?
- Deviance/ Functionalism serve 3 functions?
- Law defines and controls two groups of people.
(Theory of Deviance or Conflict Theory of Deviance)
- Attention,bored, depression, revenage,addiction,insanity
- a -increase
- b -social change
- c 1.clarifies rules
2.unites the group
3.promotes social change
- d Conflict Theory of Deviance
- e Social Control/Social Bonding Theory
5 Multiple choice questions
-Criminal Justice System
- -committing a crime
- Exert pressure
5 True/False questions
Conflict theorist believe key issue is not the deviant act, but ___________certain acts as deviant → who defines
People feel strain when they are unable to attain cultraly approved goals....? → Strain Theory
When people internalize norms and base their behavior pattern to conform to them this is called ....? → Internal Mechanism of Social Control
What are the two mechanisms of social control? → 1.Strain Theory
2.Rational Choice Theory
4.Differential Association (Social Learning Theory)
5.Social Control/social Bonding Theory
poor punished more severly
(Theory of Deviance or Conflict Theory of Deviance) → Secondary Deviance