5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- an international organization formed in 1920 to promote cooperation and peace among nations.
Its job would be to protect the independence of all countries—large or small. His goals were clear. He stated:
"An evident principle runs through the whole program that I have outlined. It is the principle of justice to all peoples and nationalities, and their right to live on equal terms of liberty and safety with one another, whether weak or strong."
— Woodrow Wilson, Speech, January 8, 1918
- a widespread outbreak of an infectious disease
- the right of national groups to have their own territory and forms of government.
- The 369th United States Infantry, made up of African-Americans. The French respected their bravery, although the USA made them fight separately. They were the regiment that saw the most time under fire.
- in 1918 and was the first major battle outside of Paris. it lasted for 3 weeks and America finally won over the Germans
5 True/False questions
abdicate → a state of peace agreed to between opponents so they can discuss peace terms; an agreement to stop fighting
isolationist → people who wanted the United States to stay out of world affairs, opposed the League of Nations.
reparations → people who wanted the United States to stay out of world affairs, opposed the League of Nations.
armistice → to give up power
Treaty of Brest-Litovsk → ending Russia's participation in the war. The treaty was harsh, requiring Russia to give up large amounts of land to Germany.