1) Tell the story about tamoxifen and its metabolites.
2) What is tamoxifen used for?
3) Side effects?
4) What is used in postmenopausal women if tamoxifen fails?
1) Tamoxifen has a halflife of 7 days, but its metabolites are even more potent; these metabolites have a halflife of 14 days.
2) ER positive breast cancer, either post surg, or for mets.
3) Estrogen-related effects: atrophic vagina, hair loss, vasomotor, risk of thrombo events, nausea and vomiting; also increased risk of endometrial cancer.