5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Estates General
- The Social Contract
- a Planets revolve around sun
- b Men born free everywhere but he is in chains
- c Meeting with voting from all three estates
- d French Aristocrat, wrote "The Spirit of the Laws
- e Declares that Earth Moves
5 Multiple choice questions
- Humanist, wrote "on crimes and punishments"
- Wrote the Encyclopedia
- How do structures + institutions shape laws? What Spirit characterized different forms of government?
- Against tourture and death
- Made Telescope, "dialogue concerning the two chief world systems"
5 True/False questions
Versailles → Enlightenmet thinker, wrote "Philosophical Letters"
Voltaire → Made Telescope, "dialogue concerning the two chief world systems"
Rene Descartes → French Aristocrat, wrote "The Spirit of the Laws
Toussaint L'Ouverture → Attacked privilege, wrote "The Social Contract"
Essay Concerning Human Understanding → explains philosophy of what humans know