5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- As preload increases, stroke volume and cardiac output _____.
- Preload is aka
- If symptoms are a product of fluid accumulating in the peripheral tissues which side is the failure on?
- 2 broad etiologies of diastolic heart failure
- Volume overload etiologies
- a impaired relaxation, impaired filling
- b increases
- c right sided failure
- d mitral regurgitation, aortic regurgitation, anemia, hyperthyroidism
- e left-ventricular end-diastolic volume
5 Multiple choice questions
- preload, contractility, afterload
- systolic dysfunction
- 100 pg/mL
- unable to walk one flight of stairs or one block without fatigue
5 True/False questions
ACC/AHA stage B examples → CAD, hypertension, diabetes, alcohol abuse
impaired filling etiologies → mitral stenosis, tricuspid stenosis
NYHA functional class II → Symptoms of congestive heart failure are present even at rest. Increased discomfort is experienced with any physical activity.
Ejection fraction is the percent of _______ volume that is ejected during systole → left ventricular end-diastolic
What law deals with tension? → Patients who have current or prior symptoms of heart failure with underlying structural disease