5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Diastolic dysfunction is defined as and ejection fraction ______ and _______.
- ACC/AHA stage C
- BNP levels are considered elevated above _____.
- Ejection fraction is the percent of _______ volume that is ejected during systole
- NYHA functional class I
- a ordinary physical activity does NOT cause undue fatigue, dyspnea, or plapitation
- b > 40%, heart failure symptoms
- c Patients who have current or prior symptoms of heart failure with underlying structural disease
- d left ventricular end-diastolic
- e 100 pg/mL
5 Multiple choice questions
- preload, contractility, afterload
- left-ventricular end-diastolic volume
- patients have no identified abnormalities of the heart and have never shown signs or sx of HF
- impaired relaxation, impaired filling
5 True/False questions
If symptoms are a product of fluid accumulating in the peripheral tissues which side is the failure on? → left sided failure
ACC/AHA stage B examples → LVH, previous MI
impaired filling etiologies → mitral stenosis, tricuspid stenosis
Right ventricular dysfunction signs → peripheral edema, JVD, hepatojugular reflex, hepatomegaly
ACC/AHA stage D → Patients with advanced structural disease and marked sx of HF at rest.