5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- If symptoms are a product of fluid accumulating in the peripheral tissues which side is the failure on?
- ACC/AHA stage B examples
- NYHA functional class IV
- NYHA functional class III
- Volume overload etiologies
- a mitral regurgitation, aortic regurgitation, anemia, hyperthyroidism
- b unable to walk one flight of stairs or one block without fatigue
- c Symptoms of congestive heart failure are present even at rest. Increased discomfort is experienced with any physical activity.
- d LVH, previous MI
- e right sided failure
5 Multiple choice questions
- hypertension with LVH, IHD, constrictive pericarditis, pericardial tamponade
- CAD, hypertension, diabetes, alcohol abuse
- functional capacity, structural progression
- patients awaiting heart transplant, patients in hospice setting for management of HF
5 True/False questions
BNP levels are considered elevated above _____. → 100 pg/mL
Hormone released from ventricles in response to ventricular stretch → BNP
Right ventricular dysfunction symptoms → abdominal pain, anorexia, nausea, bloating, constipation, ascites
Right ventricular dysfunction signs → peripheral edema, JVD, hepatojugular reflex, hepatomegaly
ACC/AHA stage B → Patients with advanced structural disease and marked sx of HF at rest.