5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- If symptoms are a product of fluid accumulating in the lungs, which side is the failure on?
- ACC/AHA stage A
- impaired relaxation etiologies
- NYHA functional class IV
- Loss of muscle etiologies
- a left sided failure
- b patients have no identified abnormalities of the heart and have never shown signs or sx of HF
- c hypertension with LVH, IHD, constrictive pericarditis, pericardial tamponade
- d Symptoms of congestive heart failure are present even at rest. Increased discomfort is experienced with any physical activity.
- e myocardial infarction, myocardial ischemia, SLE
5 Multiple choice questions
- patients awaiting heart transplant, patients in hospice setting for management of HF
- CAD, hypertension, diabetes, alcohol abuse
- symptoms due to L VSD
- peripheral edema, JVD, hepatojugular reflex, hepatomegaly
- abdominal pain, anorexia, nausea, bloating, constipation, ascites
5 True/False questions
Pressure overload etiologies → systemic hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, aortic stenosis
Increase in total blood volume will _____ preload. → increase
What law deals with tension? → Law of Laplace
ACC/AHA stage D → Patients with advanced structural disease and marked sx of HF at rest.
Diastolic dysfunction exacerbation etiologies → lack of compliance, uncontrolled hypertension, arrhythmias, emotional stress, MI, environmental factors, inadequate therapy, inappropriate meds