Upgrade to remove ads
Intro to OTA, History of OT
Terms in this set (21)
OT is rooted
Did away with cruel practices
Emergence of social practices
Said everyone should be treated fairly and those who could work should.
4 Principles of Moral Treatment
1. Respect the person
2. Believe in mind and body
3. There has to be a daily routine
4. Valued productive activities.
French physician who contributed to the more humane treatment of psychiatric patients in the late 1700s
Advocated of moral treatment from England. Opened the York Treatment
An American Quaker who was the first physician to institue Moral Treatment practices in the United states.
1. Social reformer
2. She founded Hull House
3. She assisted the poor, combat juvenile delinquency and helped immigrants learn to speak English.
Physician who concentrated on arts and crafts as part of treatment
Opened the Consolation House where occupation was used as a treatment.
Father of OT (1910)
1. Activities should have a cure
2. "should be interesting
3. "Should increase knowledge
4. "Should help socialization
5. "Should meet clients needs
6. "End product is not important
7. "Encouragment should be given
Eleanor Clark Slagel
1. "Mother of OT," social worker
2. Founded the 1st OT school
3. Main focus was habit training and 24 hour program.
Founded vocational rehabilitation centers in 1920.
Model Of Human Occupation (MOHO)
individuals with disability education act
Reconstructive aids were created to help soldier
Techniques such massage and exercises were developed
OT worked and orthopedics psychiatric disabilities
After WWII (1940)
There was an Increased demand for OTs
Federal healthcare (medicare 1965)
Start of OT program
State regulation of OT
Propective payment system
1990 to present
Americans & Disabilities Act
Evidence based practice
This set is often in folders with...
OTA Foundations OTPF definitions
OT occupations etc...
OTA 111, quiz #1, expected questions
OTPF/what is OT?
You might also like...
History Quiz (Health Through Occupation)
Intro to OT/Chaps 1&2/Green
Drug and Behavior: Treatment
Other sets by this creator
OT treatments, Precautions and Contraindications
OT Rehabilitation, Hip, knee, shoulder and cardiop…
Precautions for OT treatments