5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Conversion factor
- What are the most common types of managed care plans
- The Secretary of the Dept. of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is responsible for what?
- What to Medicare Administrative Contractors do
- Codes assigned for payment using ICD-9, Vol 1,2; CPT; and HCPCS
- a national dollar amount that is applied to all services paid on the basis of the Medicare Fee Schedule
- b paper work for Medicare and they are usually insurance companies
- c HMO, PPO, IPA, EPO, POS
- d administration of Federal Medicare program
- e Medicare Part A, B, C
5 Multiple choice questions
- Private insurance plans specifically designed to provide coverage for some of the services that Medicare does not pay, such as Medicare's deductible and coinsurance amounts and for certain services not allowed by Medicare.
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- Patient has relinquished part B and has chose an HMO plan, Private fee for service, Medicare special needs plans
- Co-pay is fixed and there is a deductible, there is capitated fee for service carve outs, auth is required.
- Medicare Part B,C,D
5 True/False questions
What major change in Medicare took place in 1989? → 1965
Part A Medicare covers____ → Medicare Part A
MAC → Medicare Administrative Contractors
What is the Mission of CMS? → To ensure effective, up to date health care coverage and promote quality care for beneficiaries.
What is the abbreviation CMS? → To ensure effective, up to date health care coverage and promote quality care for beneficiaries.