5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Codes assigned for payment using ICD-9, Vol 1,2; CPT; and HCPCS
- Which edition of the Federal Register is of special interest to outpatient facilities?
- What are the most common types of managed care plans
- a work, overhead and malpractice
- b HMO, PPO, IPA, EPO, POS
- c Medicare Part A, B, C
- d American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
- e November/December
5 Multiple choice questions
- Medicare Part B
- Co-pay is fixed and there is a deductible, there is capitated fee for service carve outs, auth is required.
- Hospital, Hospice, Skilled nursing
- Medicare Administrative Contractors
5 True/False questions
Name 3 facts about HMO plans → Co-pay is fixed, Capitated fee for service carve outs, and authorization is required
Name 3 facts about POS plans → Co-pay is fixed and there is a deductible, there is capitated fee for service carve outs, auth is required.
What major change in Medicare took place in 1989? → Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act
What is the Mission of CMS? → To ensure effective, up to date health care coverage and promote quality care for beneficiaries.
Part B (supplemental Medical Insurance) Medicare covers____ → Private insurance plans specifically designed to provide coverage for some of the services that Medicare does not pay, such as Medicare's deductible and coinsurance amounts and for certain services not allowed by Medicare.