5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pain, lid swelling, chemosis, fever and leukocytosis
- pain, redness and swelling of lid margin which may abscess
- Painless, rounded, slow-growing lid mass that may wax and wane
- a upper outer eye lid; viral or bacterial; fullness or pain in upper outer orbit w/ firm, tender swelling of lateral lid
- b Presentation of chalazion
- c Acute orbital cellulitis: how does preseptal present?
- d Both internal and external hordeola can cause...
- e True or False: Tx of blepharitis is lifelong
5 Multiple choice questions
- Staphylococcal marginal blepharitis:- lid deformity may cause...
- What organisms can cause dacrocystitis?
- Acute orbital cellulitis: what may postseptal progress to?
- Acute orbital cellulitis: what does postseptal involve?
- Tx of sarcoidosis
5 True/False questions
Varicella zoster; oral acyclovir → Usually due to extension of bacterial sinusitis; Threatens vision & life
Sarcoidosis → due to obstruction of nasolacrimal duct; middle age adults: female>male (3:1); acute or chronic lacrimal sac swelling, irritation & tearing
False: rare → True or False: Tx of blepharitis is lifelong
Seborrheic marginal blepharitis → Associated w/ seborrhea of scalp, nasolabial folds, brow, retroauricular area & sternum
incision and gentle curettage → involve meibomian glands (found inside lid)