5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- staph infection, seborrhea, acne rosacea and dry eyes
- Red lid margins with greasy scale, not clustered at lash root and do not bleed or ulcerate when removed
- Marginal blepharitis
- Tx for postherpetic neuralgia
- a Presentation of seborrheic marginal blepharitis
- b Presents w/ burning, itching & red eyelids; End result is lid margin scarring w/ misdirection of eye lashes (trichiasis) & corneal injury.
- c What is marginal blepharitis assoc with?
- d antidepressants, gabapentin or pregabalin
- e due to obstruction of nasolacrimal duct; middle age adults: female>male (3:1); acute or chronic lacrimal sac swelling, irritation & tearing
5 Multiple choice questions
- Tx of chalazion
- What organisms can cause dacrocystitis?
- Acute orbital cellulitis: what does postseptal involve?
- True or False: Fungal infections of the eye are common
- Acute orbital cellulitis: tx for preseptal
5 True/False questions
HSV; oral acyclovir and topical vidarabine eye drops → Acute orbital cellulitis: tx for preseptal
chronic blepharitis and meibomianitis → Presents w/ burning, itching & red eyelids; End result is lid margin scarring w/ misdirection of eye lashes (trichiasis) & corneal injury.
Acute orbital cellulitis → Usually due to extension of bacterial sinusitis; Threatens vision & life
Pain, lid swelling, chemosis, fever and leukocytosis → Demodex follicularum (hair follicle mite) and
Demodex brevis (sebaceous gland mite) may infect pilosebaceous unit of lid & cause...
Thyroid-associated ophthalmopathy → Most common cause of uni- or bilateral proptosis