5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cavernous sinus thrombosis
- Tx for postherpetic neuralgia
- oral ATBs and compresses
- internal hordeola
- Acute orbital cellulitis
- a antidepressants, gabapentin or pregabalin
- b involve meibomian glands (found inside lid)
- c Acute orbital cellulitis: what may postseptal progress to?
- d Acute orbital cellulitis: tx for preseptal
- e Usually due to extension of bacterial sinusitis; Threatens vision & life
5 Multiple choice questions
- Causes of acute orbital cellulitits
- due to obstruction of nasolacrimal duct; middle age adults: female>male (3:1); acute or chronic lacrimal sac swelling, irritation & tearing
- What is marginal blepharitis assoc with?
- Autoimmune inflammation of extraocular muscles & periorbital connective tissue (Grave's dz)
- Demodex follicularum (hair follicle mite) and
Demodex brevis (sebaceous gland mite) may infect pilosebaceous unit of lid & cause...
5 True/False questions
tissue of orbit and posterior to septum → Usually due to extension of bacterial sinusitis; Threatens vision & life
same as preseptal plus proptosis, restricted EOM and visual disturbance → Staphylococcal marginal blepharitis: what can happen with eye lashes?
Red lid margins with greasy scale, not clustered at lash root and do not bleed or ulcerate when removed → Presentation of Staphylococcal marginal blepharitis
external hordeola → involve meibomian glands (found inside lid)
Seborrheic marginal blepharitis → Presents w/ burning, itching & red eyelids; End result is lid margin scarring w/ misdirection of eye lashes (trichiasis) & corneal injury.