5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- HSV; oral acyclovir and topical vidarabine eye drops
- tissue of orbit and posterior to septum
- Varicella zoster; oral acyclovir
- Pain, lid swelling, chemosis, fever and leukocytosis
- entropion, ectropion, thickening or notching of lid margins
- a sudden onset of fever & preherpetic neuralgia pain in the nrv distribution→ 3-4d later skin reddens, swells & develops vesicles→ rupture & heal over 1-2 wks. Tx?
- b unilateral crop of vesicles on swollen, red base; often on lower lid. Tx?
- c Acute orbital cellulitis: what does postseptal involve?
- d Staphylococcal marginal blepharitis:- lid deformity may cause...
- e Acute orbital cellulitis: how does preseptal present?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Classic description of Molluscum contagiosus
- Chronic, systemic inflammatory dz of unknown etiology associated w/ dry eyes, mouth & other mucous membranes.
Associated w/ many autoimmune dz
- Acute orbital cellulitis: tx for postseptal
- What organisms can cause dacrocystitis?
- Causes of acute orbital cellulitits
5 True/False questions
Dacrocystitis → due to obstruction of nasolacrimal duct; middle age adults: female>male (3:1); acute or chronic lacrimal sac swelling, irritation & tearing
S-shaped upper lid, ptosis and preauricular lymphadenopathy → What do you see with dacroadenitis?
hot compresses and ATBs (to cover Staph); I&D if needed → Tx of hordeolum (bacterial inf)
Seborrheic marginal blepharitis → Presents w/ burning, itching & red eyelids; End result is lid margin scarring w/ misdirection of eye lashes (trichiasis) & corneal injury.
chronic blepharitis and meibomianitis → Demodex follicularum (hair follicle mite) and
Demodex brevis (sebaceous gland mite) may infect pilosebaceous unit of lid & cause...