5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- dilation of skin vessels and yellow crusting at lash roots that bleed and ulcerate if removed
- Sjogren's syndrome
- Varicella zoster; oral acyclovir
- external hordeola
- hot compresses and ATBs (to cover Staph); I&D if needed
- a purulent inflammations of lash follicles & adjacent glands
- b Tx of hordeolum (bacterial inf)
- c Chronic, systemic inflammatory dz of unknown etiology associated w/ dry eyes, mouth & other mucous membranes.
Associated w/ many autoimmune dz
- d Presentation of Staphylococcal marginal blepharitis
- e sudden onset of fever & preherpetic neuralgia pain in the nrv distribution→ 3-4d later skin reddens, swells & develops vesicles→ rupture & heal over 1-2 wks. Tx?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Usually due to extension of bacterial sinusitis; Threatens vision & life
- Ophthalmic findings include uveitis, eyelid nodules, keratoconjunctivitis sicca, chorioretinitis, lacrimal gland enlargement, conjunctival nodules & rarely, deep orbital dz
- involve meibomian glands (found inside lid)
- True or False: Fungal infections of the eye are common
- Staphylococcal marginal blepharitis:- lid deformity may cause...
5 True/False questions
Seborrheic marginal blepharitis → Presents w/ burning, itching & red eyelids; End result is lid margin scarring w/ misdirection of eye lashes (trichiasis) & corneal injury.
chronic blepharitis and meibomianitis → Demodex follicularum (hair follicle mite) and
Demodex brevis (sebaceous gland mite) may infect pilosebaceous unit of lid & cause...
Thyroid-associated ophthalmopathy → Most common cause of uni- or bilateral proptosis
S-shaped upper lid, ptosis and preauricular lymphadenopathy → Acute orbital cellulitis: what does postseptal involve?
pain, redness and swelling of lid margin which may abscess → Acute orbital cellulitis: how does preseptal present?