5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- external hordeola
- entropion, ectropion, thickening or notching of lid margins
- dilation of skin vessels and yellow crusting at lash roots that bleed and ulcerate if removed
- tissue of orbit and posterior to septum
- S-shaped upper lid, ptosis and preauricular lymphadenopathy
- a Presentation of Staphylococcal marginal blepharitis
- b purulent inflammations of lash follicles & adjacent glands
- c Staphylococcal marginal blepharitis:- lid deformity may cause...
- d What do you see with dacroadenitis?
- e Acute orbital cellulitis: what does postseptal involve?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Classic description of Molluscum contagiosus
- Demodex follicularum (hair follicle mite) and
Demodex brevis (sebaceous gland mite) may infect pilosebaceous unit of lid & cause...
- unilateral crop of vesicles on swollen, red base; often on lower lid. Tx?
- Usually due to extension of bacterial sinusitis; Threatens vision & life
- What is marginal blepharitis assoc with?
5 True/False questions
Thyroid-associated ophthalmopathy → Most common cause of uni- or bilateral proptosis
Thyroid-associated ophthalmopathy → Autoimmune inflammation of extraocular muscles & periorbital connective tissue (Grave's dz)
Dacrocystitis → due to obstruction of nasolacrimal duct; middle age adults: female>male (3:1); acute or chronic lacrimal sac swelling, irritation & tearing
oral ATBs and compresses → Acute orbital cellulitis: tx for preseptal
prednisone → Tx of sarcoidosis