5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- amount of current in the wire and the amount of wire coils
- mechanical energy
- a a machine for converting elecrical energy into mechanical energy
- b Strength of an electromagnet is determined by _____________________________________________.
- c the property, quality or state of being magnetic
- d The interaction of the two force fields causes the armature to have energy of ______________.
- e energy from a machine
5 Multiple choice questions
- an invisible area of energy surrounding a magnet (force field)
- a group of two or more cells connected together, usually in series, to furnish electrical current
- the center
- Buzzers work because chemical energy is transformed to __________________ which is transformed into sound energy.
- to 'drive back' or force away from another object
5 True/False questions
electrical energy → energy from electrical current
electromagnet → a core of magnetic material surrounded by a coil of wire through which an electric current is passed to magnetize the core
coil → a single unit used to generate or store electrical energy. Commonly called a battery.
buzzer arm → _______________ work because chemical energy is transformed to electrical energy which is transformed into sound energy.
armature → the moveable part of a motor consisting of coils or wire around a center core