5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 5. How is the ecosystem level different from the other levels?
- 19. Name three types of symbiosis and explain how each organism is affected.
- 18. What is symbiosis?
- 8. What does population density measure?
- 11. How does natural selection determine the adaptations of organisms in an ecosystem?
- a The organisms with the traits best suited for the environment will have a greater survival rate and reproduce more that the ones without these traits
- b How many people live in one area
- c Commensalism- one is benefited one get nothing happened to it
Parasitism- on is harmed and the parasite is benefited
Mutualism- both organisms are benefited
- d The ecosystem is formed by the community and all the abiotic factors together
- e The way that animals inter act with each other and live together and at least one benefits
5 Multiple choice questions
- Forest fires
- 1. Abandoned field
2. Tree growth begins
4. Climax community
- An organism role or job, determined by what an organism eats, how it eats, who it eats, how it reproduces, and physical conditions it requires to survive.
- Biotic- the parts of a habitat that are living, or were once living and interact with an organism
Abiotic- the nonliving parts of an organism's habitat
- Biotic- plants, animals, paper
Abiotic- sun, water, soil
5 True/False questions
9. What is a limiting factor? Give examples. → -An environmental factor that causes a population to stop growing or to decrease in size
-Natural disaster, space, food, water, weather conditions, population growth, disease
20. Give examples of each type of symbiosis. → P- a tick on a dog
C- a bird sitting on a deer
M- a bee pollinating a flower
22. What are the two types of succession and how are they different? → Organism-population-community-ecosystem
13. Why can two species not occupy the same niche? → Because it would cause competition, because you can't share a job with something
14. What are two major interactions between organisms in an ecosystem? → -Predation