5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 12. What is an organism's niche?
- 16. Explain adaptations a predator has to make it a good predator.
- 24. Identify the major steps of succession.
- 21. What is succession?
- 22. What are the two types of succession and how are they different?
- a The series of predictable changes that occur in a community over time
- b An organism role or job, determined by what an organism eats, how it eats, who it eats, how it reproduces, and physical conditions it requires to survive.
- c 1. Abandoned field
2. Tree growth begins
4. Climax community
- d Primary- he series of changes that occur in an area where no soil or organisms exist- takes 100's of years
Secondary- the series of changes that occur in an area where the ecosystem ha been disturbed, but where soil and organisms still exist- takes a couple years
- e Running fast, claws, being nocturnal, stealth
5 Multiple choice questions
- How many people live in one area
- Forest fires
- Predator: wolf- helps control the population by eating the prey
Prey: deer- provides food for the predator
- The first species to populate an area
5 True/False questions
2. What is the difference between biotic and abiotic factors in an ecosystem? → Organism-population-community-ecosystem
3. Give examples of abiotic and biotic factors. → P- a tick on a dog
C- a bird sitting on a deer
M- a bee pollinating a flower
10. What is an adaptation? → Behaviors & physical characteristics that allow organisms to survive in their environment
7. What can cause a population to increase? Decrease? → How many people live in one area
9. What is a limiting factor? Give examples. → How many people live in one area