5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 14. What are two major interactions between organisms in an ecosystem?
- 3. Give examples of abiotic and biotic factors.
- 7. What can cause a population to increase? Decrease?
- 15. Explain the relationship between a predator and prey. Explain how the each population affects the other's population.
- 23. What is a pioneer species and how are they important to the steps of succession?
- a Biotic- plants, animals, paper
Abiotic- sun, water, soil
- b I- birth rate and immigration can make a population increase, space
D- limiting factors, food shortages, emigration, and natural disasters can make a population decrease
- c The first species to populate an area
- d -Predation
- e Predator: wolf- helps control the population by eating the prey
Prey: deer- provides food for the predator
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. Abandoned field
2. Tree growth begins
4. Climax community
- A habitat is an environment that provides the things a specific organism needs to live grow and reproduce
It should provide food, water & shelter and anything else it needs to stay in its habitat
- The way that animals inter act with each other and live together and at least one benefits
- The study of how organisms interact with each other and with their environment
- The series of predictable changes that occur in a community over time
5 True/False questions
2. What is the difference between biotic and abiotic factors in an ecosystem? → Biotic- the parts of a habitat that are living, or were once living and interact with an organism
Abiotic- the nonliving parts of an organism's habitat
10. What is an adaptation? → The series of predictable changes that occur in a community over time
16. Explain adaptations a predator has to make it a good predator. → Running fast, claws, being nocturnal, stealth
22. What are the two types of succession and how are they different? → Primary- he series of changes that occur in an area where no soil or organisms exist- takes 100's of years
Secondary- the series of changes that occur in an area where the ecosystem ha been disturbed, but where soil and organisms still exist- takes a couple years
4. What are the levels of organization in an ecosystem? → -Predation