5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 17. Explain adaptations a prey has so it will not be eaten.
- 5. How is the ecosystem level different from the other levels?
- 9. What is a limiting factor? Give examples.
- 6. What is ecology?
- 14. What are two major interactions between organisms in an ecosystem?
- a The ecosystem is formed by the community and all the abiotic factors together
- b Hiding in its shell, claws, being nocturnal, cunning
- c The study of how organisms interact with each other and with their environment
- d -Predation
- e -An environmental factor that causes a population to stop growing or to decrease in size
-Natural disaster, space, food, water, weather conditions, population growth, disease
5 Multiple choice questions
- Biotic- plants, animals, paper
Abiotic- sun, water, soil
- Forest fires
- The way that animals inter act with each other and live together and at least one benefits
- The organisms with the traits best suited for the environment will have a greater survival rate and reproduce more that the ones without these traits
5 True/False questions
1. What is a habitat and what should it provide an organism → A habitat is an environment that provides the things a specific organism needs to live grow and reproduce
It should provide food, water & shelter and anything else it needs to stay in its habitat
24. Identify the major steps of succession. → 1. Abandoned field
2. Tree growth begins
4. Climax community
16. Explain adaptations a predator has to make it a good predator. → Running fast, claws, being nocturnal, stealth
12. What is an organism's niche? → An organism role or job, determined by what an organism eats, how it eats, who it eats, how it reproduces, and physical conditions it requires to survive.
22. What are the two types of succession and how are they different? → Primary- he series of changes that occur in an area where no soil or organisms exist- takes 100's of years
Secondary- the series of changes that occur in an area where the ecosystem ha been disturbed, but where soil and organisms still exist- takes a couple years