5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Crass (adj)
- Baleful (adj)
- Sultry (adj)
- Contemptuous (adj)
- Ascent (N)
- a feeling, expressing, or demonstrating dislike or disrespect
The contemptuous child was sent to the principles office after bad mouthing to the teacher.
- b thoughtlessly vulgar and insensitive
Emily's crass behavior to the grieving mother made her unlike at the funeral.
- c threatening, or seeming to threaten, to cause harm or misfortune
The baleful weather made all the children run inside from recess.
- d oppresively hot and damp;suggesting passion and sensuality
The sultry weather of the Bahmas made the tourist never want to leave.
- e an upward vertical movement, an upward slope
We stareted the grueling 2 hour ascent up the mountain.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to formulate clever or decietful schemes
It is never a good idea to leave my cousin alone because she will contrive many plans on escaping.
- shaking or trembling from fear or nervousness
The tremulous mouse tried to get away from the lion but was stuck under his trap.
- sleepy; quiet and with little to no activity
The somnolent lake was a beautiful sight to the water skiers.
- deliberate lie,a falsehood
The child was punished for the mendacity he told his mother.
- a defenive fortification made of earthen embankment and topped with a low wall
The called in the contracter after the rampart was damaged in the past storm.
5 True/False questions
Speculation (n) → theory based on incomplete information or evidence
My family made a speculation on what happened in the car accident as we passed by.
Prone (adj) → inclined to do or be affected by something; lying face down
My cousins are prone to certain dieses because they have diabetes which weakens your immune system.
Procrastinate (v) → to postpone doing something, to put aside until later
I hate when i procrastinate on my homework because then i end up staying up late the night before its due.
Brusque (adj) → abrupt, blunt, or curt in manner or speech
I took a brusque walk through the jungle to avoid the poisonous snakes.
Intermittent (adj) → happening from time to time
The family has intermittent gathering to check up on everyone and see how their doing.