5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- atoms that have positive or negative charges
- Strong cohesion [attraction between water molecules]
occurs because of hydrogen bonding
High Surface Tension -- creates a water surface that is firm enough to allow insects to walk upon it
- tbe ability of an atom to attract an electron.
most electronegative: F, O, N
- the chemical bond that forms between two atoms when one or more electrons are transformed from one atom to anohter.
happens when the electronegatives differ
- when the electrons aren't shared equally
unequal distribution of charges
\electrons are closer to the atom with the greater electronegativity and produces a negative charge
5 True/False questions
Properties of Water → two or more atoms held together by chemical bonds
Water -- Adhesion → ionic and polar substances dissolve in the water.
hydrophillic vs hydrophobic
Water as a solvent → Adhesion is the attraction between the unlike substances
demonstrates capillary action
Ice → atoms that have positive or negative charges
nonpolar covalent bond → when electrons are shared equally
electronegativities are equal