5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What did the Roosevelt Corollary do?
- What did the outcome of the Boxer Rebellion force China to do?
- What did Japan do to Korea in 1905?
- When did the canal officially open?
- How big was Japan's army by 1890?
- a China was forced to pay reparations and allow foreign powers to station troops in Beijing and other cities.
- b 1914
- c Japan sent advisors who took away power from the Korean gov't, disbanded Korea's army, and brought Korea under direct Japanese control by annexing it.
- d 500,000
- e Gave the US the right to be an international police power in the Western Hemisphere.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Declared independence from Spain then fought a 10 year war and lost.
- Tokugawa opponents won due to the use of militia units trained by foreign experts and armed with imported weapons.
- 475 million people
- Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Philippines
- With help from the European powers, Chinese gov't put down the rebellion when Hong Xiuqum committed suicide and the rest of the Taipings were masqueraded by the end of the year. 30 million people were killed
5 True/False questions
What did Panama give the U.S. in 1903? → 10 mile wide zone to build the canal
What did President Teddy Roosevelt do in 1903? → Offered Colombia, which opened panama, $ 10 million upfront and an annual payment for the right to build a canal in Panama.
What led to the Sino-Japanese war? Who won? What effect did this have? → China broke the hands-off policy by sending troops to Korea. Janpan won and drove the Chinese out of Korea, destroyed the Chinese navy and gained colonies in Manchuria, Taiwan, and Pescadores Islands.
What is a corollary? → He called for the destruction of the Qing Dynasty, the abolition of private property, the creation of communal wealth to be shared, the prohibition of foot binding, free public education, and literacy for everyone.
Why were Chinese peasants angry? → extension