5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why were Chinese peasants angry?
- What did Fukuzawa Yukichi write about?
- How big was Japan's army by 1890?
- How did China modernize during this movement?
- What led to a lot anti-American resentment in Cuba?
- a The built modern shipyards, railroads, weapons industries, steel foundries, and opened science academies.
- b 500,000
- c they dislikes the widespread of gov't officials and the concentration of land in the hands of wealth elites plagued china
- d The US installed a military base
- e Benefits of a constitutional gov't, justice system and a modern educational system
5 Multiple choice questions
- The authority to raise troops, levy taxes, and run bureaucracies.
- The American continents were closed for further European colonization.
- He returned and launched a second war for Cuban independence.
- G.B's navy, Germany's army and US's power of universal education
5 True/False questions
What countries had spheres of influence in China? → Germany, France, G.B., Japan and Russia
What effect did the Tokugawa Shogun's decision have on Japan? → Because the Spanish were imprisoning the Cubans in concentration camps but really the US had businesses in Cuba.
Describe the Boxer Rebellion in detail. → The Boxers went on a rampage in northern China, killing foreigners and Chinese Christians. Confident that weapons could not hurt them, they besieged foreign embassies in Beijing. The Boxers were quickly crushed by US and European coalition army.
What led to the Russo-Japanese war? Who won? → Russia and Japan argued over Japan's presence in Manchuria. Japan offered to recognize Russia's rights in Manchuria if Russia promised to stay out of Korea and Russia refused. Japan won.
What did he call for? → He called for the destruction of the Qing Dynasty, the abolition of private property, the creation of communal wealth to be shared, the prohibition of foot binding, free public education, and literacy for everyone.