5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How big was Japan's army by 1890?
- What did the outcome of the Boxer Rebellion force China to do?
- What was China's population by 1900?
- Who smuggled opium into China for recreational use?
- What did he call for?
- a British merchants
- b 475 million people
- c China was forced to pay reparations and allow foreign powers to station troops in Beijing and other cities.
- d 500,000
- e He called for the destruction of the Qing Dynasty, the abolition of private property, the creation of communal wealth to be shared, the prohibition of foot binding, free public education, and literacy for everyone.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Hong Xiuqum who was a school teacher
- The British attacked the Grad Canal by going up the Yangtze River which called Chinese gov't to surrender.
- Britain, Netherlands, and Russia
- 1. Colombia demanded more money. The US encouraged Panama to revolt against Colombia.
- It was used as a pain killer and it came from poppy seeds.
5 True/False questions
Why were Chinese peasants angry? → they dislikes the widespread of gov't officials and the concentration of land in the hands of wealth elites plagued china
What did President Teddy Roosevelt do in 1903? → Japan sent advisors who took away power from the Korean gov't, disbanded Korea's army, and brought Korea under direct Japanese control by annexing it.
How did the Japanese treat the Koreans? Give specific examples. → G.B's navy, Germany's army and US's power of universal education
Who won the civil war in Japan? How did they do this? → Tokugawa opponents won due to the use of militia units trained by foreign experts and armed with imported weapons.
What did the Treaty of Nanjing do? → Forced China to give Hong Kong to Britain and grant extraterritoriality to British and U.S. citizens.