5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sir Thomas Malory
- Sir Galahad
- Norman Conquest of 1066
- a English writer who published a translation of romances about King Arthur taken from French and other sources (died in 1471)
- b Invasion of England, lead by William the Conquer (The Duke of Normandy)
- c Arthur's nephew, Arthur and Mordred engaged and a lot of battles. The last battle was at the River Camblann. Son of Igraine.
- d a code that knights adopted in the late Middle Ages; requiring them to be brave, loyal and true to their word; they had to fight fairly in battle, and pay respect to women
- e (Arthurian legend) the most virtuous knight of the Round Table
5 Multiple choice questions
- King Arthur's wife. Had an affair with Sir Lancelot. She is welsh, "loveliest lady". Descendant of Roman.
- Serum that makes you immortal.
- The Mythology of Celtic Polytheism. It was the religion of the Iron Age Celtics. It did not really survive the Roman Empire.
- Mother of King Arthur. Wife of Uther Pendragon.
- He was a British king, and was the youngest son of Constantine. He was the father of Arthur. He was the husband of Lady Igraine.
5 True/False questions
Merlin → Mostly a wizard though he is many different things, such as a prophet and bard. Teacher in Vortigern's court.
Sir Gawain → (Arthurian legend) the most virtuous knight of the Round Table
The Lady of the Lake → Serum that makes you immortal.
Morgan Le Fey → Arthur's nephew, Arthur and Mordred engaged and a lot of battles. The last battle was at the River Camblann. Son of Igraine.
Quest → City where Arthur's court is established. The greatest and most famous court and castle associated with King Arthur.