6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- a therapy that allows the client to decide what to talk about, without direction, judgment, or interpretation from the therapist
- the treatment of psychological disorders through psychological methods, such as analyzing prolems, talking about possible solutions, and encouraging adaptive ways of thinking and acting
- reward or punishment, consequence that increases the probability a behavior will occur.
- a therapist attitude that conveys a caring for, and acceptance of, the client as a valued person
- Freud; problems can be found in your unconsciousness
5 True/False questions
dream analysis → A psychoanalytic technique in which the therapist interprets the symbolic meaning of the client's dreams.
punishment → reward or punishment, consequence that increases the probability a behavior will occur.
Psychoanalysis → a method of psychotherapy that seeks to help clients gain insight by recognizing, understanding, and dealing with unconcious thoughts and emotions
behavior modification → treatments that use classical conditioning principles to change behavior
free association → in psychoanalysis, a method of exploring the unconscious in which the person relaxes and says whatever comes to mind, no matter how trivial or embarrassing.