6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- the diminishing of a conditioned response; occurs in classical conditioning when an unconditioned stimulus (US) does not follow a conditioned stimulus (CS); occurs in operant conditioning when a response is no longer reinforced.
- a therapy that allows the client to decide what to talk about, without direction, judgment, or interpretation from the therapist
- in psychoanalysis, a method of exploring the unconscious in which the person relaxes and says whatever comes to mind, no matter how trivial or embarrassing.
- the treatment of psychological disorders through psychological methods, such as analyzing prolems, talking about possible solutions, and encouraging adaptive ways of thinking and acting
- reward or punishment, consequence that increases the probability a behavior will occur.
5 True/False questions
time out → punishing for bad behavior
modeling → the imitation of behavior through observational learning
Token economy → punishing for bad behavior
dream analysis → A psychoanalytic technique in which the therapist interprets the symbolic meaning of the client's dreams.
behavior modification → treaments that use operant conditioning methods to change behavior