5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ssri drugs
- neurons repair?
- spinal nerves
- a pns yes. cns no
- b branching off spinal cord, 31 pairs, send messages back and forth between body and brain
- c activates receptors on postsynaptic neuron dendrite (cannabinoid receptors) makes more receptive to dopamine.
- d feel good. low levels lead to depression
- e new antidepressants. selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. block reuptake of serotonin back into presynaptic knob.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Central nervous system, brain and spinal cord
- unequal distribution of opposite charges inside and out of neuron. resting potential
- associated with low levels of monamine neurotransmitters
- carry from cell body
- myelin sheath broken down. loss of control of motor movement
5 True/False questions
interneurons → aka association neurons, connecting neurons. found withing cns. make connections, form connections between sensory messages and motor messages
kinesthetic sense → aka association neurons, connecting neurons. found withing cns. make connections, form connections between sensory messages and motor messages
sodium or sodium/potassium pump → repolarize, active transport
nicotine → binds to presynaptic neuron to cause it to fire impulses. more dopamine release
endorphins → contributes to balanced skeletal muscle movement. deficient in schizophrenia and parkinsons. feel good