5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Parts of nervous system
- phenyl ethyl amines
- a aka association neurons, connecting neurons. found withing cns. make connections, form connections between sensory messages and motor messages
- b Cns, pns, ans
- c binds to presynaptic neuron to cause it to fire impulses. more dopamine release
- d neurotransmitter. released in love, chocolate, carbs.
- e stimulate excess dopamine release, blocks dopamine reuptake
5 Multiple choice questions
- branching off spinal cord, 31 pairs, send messages back and forth between body and brain
- myelin sheath broken down. loss of control of motor movement
- secrete myelin sheath if neuron is in pns, also secrete another layer on top of myelin called neurilemma
- swellings at ends of axons
- aware of body position. uses stretch receptors and sensory neurons in ear
5 True/False questions
sensory neurons → cns to body. efferent.
motor neurons → body into cns. afferent.
ssri drugs → new antidepressants. selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. block reuptake of serotonin back into presynaptic knob.
ecstasy → Central nervous system, brain and spinal cord
ANS → autonomic nervous system, some cranial and some spinal nerves belong, maintains homeostasis