5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 3 main parts of brain
- Parts of nervous system
- a binds to presynaptic neuron to cause it to fire impulses. more dopamine release
- b Cns, pns, ans
- c carry towards cell body
- d associated with low levels of monamine neurotransmitters
- e Cerebrum, stem, cerebellum
5 Multiple choice questions
- insulator. secreted by 2 diff types of cells, depending on where neuron is located (schwann's and oligodendrocytes)
- blocks reuptake of dopamine
- neurons fire when skeletal muscle contracts and bulges.
- anti-motion sickness, blocks acetylcholine in synapse
- cns to body. efferent.
5 True/False questions
addiction → threshold level stimulus is raised, presynaptic neuron becomes more reluctant to release normal dopamine levels, brain permanently altered
all or none law → cns to body. efferent.
Cns → autonomic nervous system, some cranial and some spinal nerves belong, maintains homeostasis
spinal nerves → branching off brain,12 pairs, control many bodily functions
ecstasy → serotonin release. damages brain neurons that release serotonin