5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 3 main parts of brain
- refractory period
- a Cerebrum, stem, cerebellum
- b rest after repolarized, .0005-.002 sec
- c space between neurons
- d Peripheral nervous system. Nerves branching off brain (12) and spinal cord (31)
- e neurotransmitter. stimulate skeletal muscles, salivary glands. cholinesterase
5 Multiple choice questions
- applies to single neuron. with threshold stimulus, neuron will fire.
- neurotransmitter. secrete eating, sex, exercise.
- Frontal, parietal, occipital, temporal
- axon indents, allow message to jump along axon and travel faster
- new antidepressants. selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. block reuptake of serotonin back into presynaptic knob.
5 True/False questions
dopamine → contributes to balanced skeletal muscle movement. deficient in schizophrenia and parkinsons. feel good
synaptic knobs → space between neurons
stretch receptors → neurons fire when skeletal muscle contracts and bulges.
neurilemma → activates receptors on postsynaptic neuron dendrite (cannabinoid receptors) makes more receptive to dopamine.
types of neurons → body into cns. afferent.