5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What were some of the internal factors that contributed to imperialism in Africa?
- Louis Pasteur
- Social Darwinism
- Sigmund Freud
- a famous French scientist who invented pasteurization and formulated the germ concept of disease
- b Austrian neurologist who originated psychoanalysis (1856-1939)
- c a scientific theory of natural selection and the survival of the fittest as applied to society and used to justify imperialism and racism
- d group dedicated to draw attention to the cause of women's suffrage; advocated using violence if necessary
- e 1) Europeans technical superiority. Superior arms and the steam engine.
2) Variety of languages and cultures of Africans discouraged unity among them.
3) Wars faught among ethnic groups.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Unsuccessful attempt by British artisans and workers to gain the vote during the 1840s.
- 1863-1947. American businessman, founder of Ford Motor Company, father of modern assembly lines, and inventor credited with 161 patents.
- allowed irish catholics to vote and to sit in parliament
- Belief that one racial group is superior to another
5 True/False questions
The Great Famine → 1863-1947. American businessman, founder of Ford Motor Company, father of modern assembly lines, and inventor credited with 161 patents.
Queen Victoria → English surgeon who was the first to use antiseptics (1827-1912)
suffrage → A Zulu chief in Southern Africa who used soldiers and good military organization to create a large centralized state.
assembly line → a production system with machines and workers arranged so that each person performs an assigned task again and again as the item passes before him or her.
Third Republic → local control over internal matters only