5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- assembly line
- Chapter 26, Section4
- Why did the Europeans control such a small portion of Africa in the 1800's?
- a a production system with machines and workers arranged so that each person performs an assigned task again and again as the item passes before him or her.
- b Because powerful African armies prevented them from taking over more of Africa.
- c ...
- d the right to vote
- e self-governing nation that accepts the British monarch as head of state
5 Multiple choice questions
- gave representation in parliament to growing towns, eliminated "rotten boroughs", suffrage to men who owned property
- the republic that was established in France after the downfall of Napoleon III and ended with the German occupation of France during world war II
- local control over internal matters only
- An unofficial nationalist military force seeking independence for Ireland from Great Britain
5 True/False questions
mass culture → 1867-1934. Polish physicist and chemist. Pioneer in the field of radioactivity, and is the first and only person awarded the Nobel Prize in two different sciences.
Joseph Lister → famous French scientist who invented pasteurization and formulated the germ concept of disease
Boer War → Dutch settlers in South Africa. "Boers" is the Dutch word for Farmers.
Charles Darwin → 1867-1934. Polish physicist and chemist. Pioneer in the field of radioactivity, and is the first and only person awarded the Nobel Prize in two different sciences.
Aborigines → A member of a Polynesian group that settled New Zealand about 800 C.E.