5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gregor Mendel
- penal colony
- Why did the Boers and British fight over southern Africa?
- Louis Pasteur
- a group dedicated to draw attention to the cause of women's suffrage; advocated using violence if necessary
- b A colony to which convicts are sent as an alternative to prison.
- c They clashed over land and resources.
- d famous French scientist who invented pasteurization and formulated the germ concept of disease
- e father of modern genetics
5 Multiple choice questions
- Incident in France where a Jewish captain was tried for treason because they military was anti-Semitic, and it divided the country
- English natural scientist who formulated a theory of evolution by natural selection
- A worldwide movement, originating in the 19th century that sought to establish and develop a Jewish nation in Palestine. Since 1948, its function has been to support the state of Israel.
- 1867-1934. Polish physicist and chemist. Pioneer in the field of radioactivity, and is the first and only person awarded the Nobel Prize in two different sciences.
5 True/False questions
assembly line → a production system with machines and workers arranged so that each person performs an assigned task again and again as the item passes before him or her.
Chartist Movement → Unsuccessful attempt by British artisans and workers to gain the vote during the 1840s.
What were some of the internal factors that contributed to imperialism in Africa? → They clashed over land and resources.
Third Republic → the republic that was established in France after the downfall of Napoleon III and ended with the German occupation of France during world war II
psychology → A colony to which convicts are sent as an alternative to prison.