5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- penal colony
- Gregor Mendel
- What were some of the internal factors that contributed to imperialism in Africa?
- a prejudice against Jews
- b 1) Europeans technical superiority. Superior arms and the steam engine.
2) Variety of languages and cultures of Africans discouraged unity among them.
3) Wars faught among ethnic groups.
- c A colony to which convicts are sent as an alternative to prison.
- d father of modern genetics
- e Dutch settlers in South Africa. "Boers" is the Dutch word for Farmers.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A worldwide movement, originating in the 19th century that sought to establish and develop a Jewish nation in Palestine. Since 1948, its function has been to support the state of Israel.
- 1863-1947. American businessman, founder of Ford Motor Company, father of modern assembly lines, and inventor credited with 161 patents.
- 1867-1934. Polish physicist and chemist. Pioneer in the field of radioactivity, and is the first and only person awarded the Nobel Prize in two different sciences.
5 True/False questions
psychology → scientific study of behavior and mental processes
mass culture → 1867-1934. Polish physicist and chemist. Pioneer in the field of radioactivity, and is the first and only person awarded the Nobel Prize in two different sciences.
Louis Pasteur → famous French scientist who invented pasteurization and formulated the germ concept of disease
Joseph Lister → English surgeon who was the first to use antiseptics (1827-1912)
Sigmund Freud → Austrian neurologist who originated psychoanalysis (1856-1939)