5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Henry Ford
- Queen Victoria
- Alexander Graham Bell
- Guglielmo Marconi
- Why did the Europeans control such a small portion of Africa in the 1800's?
- a Italian electrical engineer known as the father of radio (1874-1937)
- b Because powerful African armies prevented them from taking over more of Africa.
- c invented the telephone
- d 1863-1947. American businessman, founder of Ford Motor Company, father of modern assembly lines, and inventor credited with 161 patents.
- e Reigned from 1837-1901 and was the longest in English history. Her sense of duty, values, and moral respectability reflected the attitudes of her age, which has ever been known as the Victorian age.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the right to vote
- a scientific theory of natural selection and the survival of the fittest as applied to society and used to justify imperialism and racism
- group dedicated to draw attention to the cause of women's suffrage; advocated using violence if necessary
- father of modern genetics
5 True/False questions
Boer War → A conflict, lasting from 1899 to 1902, in which the Boers and the British fought for control of territory in South Africa.
Aborigines → A member of a Polynesian group that settled New Zealand about 800 C.E.
Marie Curie → 1867-1934. Polish physicist and chemist. Pioneer in the field of radioactivity, and is the first and only person awarded the Nobel Prize in two different sciences.
imperialism → The seizure of a country or territory by a stronger country
Boers → Dutch settlers in South Africa. "Boers" is the Dutch word for Farmers.