5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Alexander Graham Bell
- Louis Pasteur
- Social Darwinism
- a famous French scientist who invented pasteurization and formulated the germ concept of disease
- b prejudice against Jews
- c A worldwide movement, originating in the 19th century that sought to establish and develop a Jewish nation in Palestine. Since 1948, its function has been to support the state of Israel.
- d a scientific theory of natural selection and the survival of the fittest as applied to society and used to justify imperialism and racism
- e invented the telephone
5 Multiple choice questions
- Unsuccessful attempt by British artisans and workers to gain the vote during the 1840s.
- scientific study of behavior and mental processes
5 True/False questions
suffrage → the right to vote
Dreyfus affair → A conflict, lasting from 1899 to 1902, in which the Boers and the British fought for control of territory in South Africa.
WSPU → A Zulu chief in Southern Africa who used soldiers and good military organization to create a large centralized state.
Henry Ford → 1863-1947. American businessman, founder of Ford Motor Company, father of modern assembly lines, and inventor credited with 161 patents.
home rule → Dutch settlers in South Africa. "Boers" is the Dutch word for Farmers.