5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Dalton
- Chapter 26, Section1
- Charles Darwin
- Henry Ford
- a English natural scientist who formulated a theory of evolution by natural selection
- b English chemist who developed the Atomic theory of matter through an experiment of gases. His theory states: A) All elements are composed of atoms and atoms can't be divided or destroyed. B) Atoms of the same element are exactly alike. C) Atoms of different elements are different from each other. D) The atoms of 2 or more elements can join together to form types of matter called compounds. (pg. 54)
- c 1863-1947. American businessman, founder of Ford Motor Company, father of modern assembly lines, and inventor credited with 161 patents.
- d ...
- e A Zulu chief in Southern Africa who used soldiers and good military organization to create a large centralized state.
5 Multiple choice questions
- group dedicated to draw attention to the cause of women's suffrage; advocated using violence if necessary
- A meeting from 1884-1885 at which representatives of European nations agreed on rules colonization of Africa
- This event decimated the Irish population between 1845 and 1851. It was a result of blight due to fungus that struck the potato crop in Ireland during the summer of 1845.
- Incident in France where a Jewish captain was tried for treason because they military was anti-Semitic, and it divided the country
5 True/False questions
Third Republic → the republic that was established in France after the downfall of Napoleon III and ended with the German occupation of France during world war II
imperialism → The seizure of a country or territory by a stronger country
Social Darwinism → English natural scientist who formulated a theory of evolution by natural selection
What was unusual about the first European settlers in Australia? → They clashed over land and resources.
Sigmund Freud → Austrian neurologist who originated psychoanalysis (1856-1939)