5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- First Blue Cross policy:
- Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA):
- SOAP stands for:
- a amount for which the patient is financially responsible before insurance policy provides coverage
- b introduced a plan to guarantee school teachers 21 days of hospital care for 46 a year.
- c S-Subjective
- d mandates regulations that govern privacy, security, & electronic transactions standards for healthcare information.
- e prior approval
5 Multiple choice questions
- they paid monthly fees to medical service bureaus, which were composed of groups of physicians
- the percentage the patient pays for covered services after the deductible has been met & the copayment has been paid
- method of controlled healthcare cost & quality of care by reviewing the appropriateness & necessity of care provided to patients prior administration of case
- patients are free to use the managed care panel of providers or self-refer to non-managed care providers
5 True/False questions
International Classification of Diseases (ICD): → organization of affiliated providers' sites that offer joint healthcare services to subscribers
Major medical: → coverage for catastrophic or prolonged illness & injuries
Discharge planning: → review for medical necessity of tests/procedures ordered during inpatient hospitalization
What year First Blue Cross policy started: → 1929
Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA): → Established quality standards for all laboratory testing to ensure the accuracy, reliability, and timelines of patient test results regardless of where the test was performed.