5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Group Health Insurance
- Integrated Delivery System (IDS):
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA):
- SOAP stands for:
- Point-of-Service Plan (POS):
- a group health insurance was offered to full-time employees
- b S-Subjective
- c Established quality standards for all laboratory testing to ensure the accuracy, reliability, and timelines of patient test results regardless of where the test was performed.
- d organization of affiliated providers' sites that offer joint healthcare services to subscribers
- e patients are free to use the managed care panel of providers or self-refer to non-managed care providers
5 Multiple choice questions
- is responsible for supervising & coordinating healthcare services for enrollees & approves referrals to specialists & inpatient hospital admissions (except in emergencies)
- network of physicians & hospitals that have joined together to contract w/insurance companies, employers.
- coverage for catastrophic or prolonged illness & injuries
- providing essential healthcare services at the lowest possible cost, avoiding nonessential care, and referring patients to specialists.
5 True/False questions
Workers' Compensation it was called: → 1908 - workmen compensation
Copayment: → provider accepts preestablished payments for providing healthcare services to enrollness over a period of time (usually one year)
Managed Care Organizations (MCO): → is responsible for the health of a group of enrollees & can be a health plan.
Utilization review: → method of controlled healthcare cost & quality of care by reviewing the appropriateness & necessity of care provided to patients prior administration of case
Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA): → mandates regulations that govern privacy, security, & electronic transactions standards for healthcare information.