5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- COBRA in 1985:
- What year Blue Shield started:
- Preferred provider Organization (PPO):
- Point-of-Service Plan (POS):
- a The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act allows employees to continue healthcare coverage beyond the benefit termination date.
- b network of physicians & hospitals that have joined together to contract w/insurance companies, employers.
- c 1939
- d amount for which the patient is financially responsible before insurance policy provides coverage
- e patients are free to use the managed care panel of providers or self-refer to non-managed care providers
5 Multiple choice questions
- provider accepts preestablished payments for providing healthcare services to enrollness over a period of time (usually one year)
- coverage for catastrophic or prolonged illness & injuries
- World Health Organization (WHO) in 1948
- arranging appropriate healthcare services for discharged patients.
5 True/False questions
Copayment: → provision in an insurance policy that requires the policy holder or patient to pay a specified dollar amount to a healthcare provider for each visit or medical service received
1984 Standardization of information submitted on Medicare claims: → 1973
Preauthorization: → provider accepts preestablished payments for providing healthcare services to enrollness over a period of time (usually one year)
Preauthorization: → prior approval
Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA): → mandates regulations that govern privacy, security, & electronic transactions standards for healthcare information.