5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who developed ICD:
- Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO):
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO):
- Managed Care Organizations (MCO):
- a World Health Organization (WHO) in 1948
- b provides comprehensive healthcare services to voluntarily enrolled members on a prepaid basis
- c grants prior approval for reimbursement of a healthcare service
- d provides benefits to subscribers who are required to receive services from network providers
- e is responsible for the health of a group of enrollees & can be a health plan.
5 Multiple choice questions
- prospective payment system that reimburses hospitals for impatient stays
- the percentage the patient pays for covered services after the deductible has been met & the copayment has been paid
- patients are free to use the managed care panel of providers or self-refer to non-managed care providers
- 1908 - workmen compensation
5 True/False questions
Discharge planning: → arranging appropriate healthcare services for discharged patients.
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO): → responsible for providing healthcare services to subscribers in a given geographical area for a fixed fee.
Deductible: → person in whose name the insurance policy is issued
First Blue Cross policy: → introduced a plan to guarantee school teachers 21 days of hospital care for 46 a year.
Blue Shield: → they paid monthly fees to medical service bureaus, which were composed of groups of physicians