5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ICD-9-CM codes are updated at least:
- How many digits does a subcategory code have
- What is the main term in Tinea Pedis
- What is the primary goal for billing procedures?
- What other term does the Alphabetic Index, Volume 2, instruct you to check for under Petit's disease?
- a Tinea
- b Annually
- c See also Hernia, Lumbar
- d To justify why they are being performed.
- e 4
5 Multiple choice questions
- Enclose an additional code which must be used
- Not otherwise specified
5 True/False questions
What are essential modifiers → Word or phrase that changes the code selection
True or False:
The phrase "see also" is used as a cross-reference → False
How many digits does a subclassification code have → 5
In the Alphabetic Index of Volume 2, ICD-9-CM, nonessential modifiers are: → Terms enclosed in parentheses that have no effect on the selection of the code listed for the main term
What is the main term in the diagnosis abdominal pain → Pain