5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In the Alphabetic Index of Volume 2, ICD-9-CM, nonessential modifiers are:
- What does NOS mean?
- What is an Eponym
- True or False:
Three-digit codes (such as 250) are category codes.
- How many appendices does ICD-9-CM contain in the Tabular List of Volume 1?
- a Not otherwise specified
- b Condition named after a person
- c 5
- d Terms enclosed in parentheses that have no effect on the selection of the code listed for the main term
- e True
5 Multiple choice questions
- Volume 3
- Word or phrase that does not change the code selection
- To record patient morbidity (illness) and mortality (death) for statistical purposes
- Volume 1-Diseases: Tabular List,
Volume 2-Diseases: Alphabetic Index,
Volume 3-Procedures: Tabular List and Alphabetic Index
5 True/False questions
What is the primary goal for billing procedures? → To justify why they are being performed.
What are essential modifiers → Word or phrase that does not change the code selection
What are slanted brackets used for → Enclose an additional code which must be used
All ICD-9-CM codes must be supported by: → Documentation in the medical record
The ICD-9-CM manual was developed based on a text by which organization? → World Health Organization (WHO)