5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the current goals of ICD-9?
- What box are ICD-9 codes entered in on the CMS- 1500 Claim form?
- What are essential modifiers
- The abbreviation ICD-9-CM means:
- What is a main term
- a Block 21
- b Word or phrase that changes the code selection
- c International Classification of Diseases, 9th Edition, Clinical Modification
- d Facilitate payment of health services,
Evaluate patient's use of health care facilities,
Study health care costs,
Research the quality of health care,
Predict health care trends,
Plan for future health care needs
- e Word or condition used to look up a diagnosis which is in bold print
5 Multiple choice questions
5 True/False questions
Codes that have mandatory fifth digits are: → Codes that always require a fifth-digit to fully describe them.
How many appendices does ICD-9-CM contain in the Tabular List of Volume 1? → 3
How many digits does a subcategory code have → 3
What does NOS mean? → Not otherwise specified
What is the main term in Tinea Pedis → Tinea