5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Report level
- Complementary Relationships
- Spontaneous behavior sequences
- a The stated content of the message (Have dinner on the table by 5)
- b Relationships that involve a fit between different roles
- c Meeting the family's resistance to change with warnings of the dangers implicit in change and the need to change slowly.
- d Graphic representation of family relationships that includes a minimum of three generations.
- e Occur when the therapist highlights an interaction that is naturally occurring in the moment and assists the family in modifying problem sequences.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Family member seeks to distract others and seemingly has difficulty relating to what is going on in the moment.
- Based on the premise that all families have an underlying organization which may be adaptive or maladaptive. Therapy identifies maladaptive structural elements and makes changes in these structural elements.
- Has reference to a family in which members' identities fused.
- Jay Haley.Consistent with Milton Erickson's work. Emphasizes change techniques over theory. Believe in the possibility of rapid change and use resistance of family members in the service of change. Communication is seen as defining relationship. Every relationship is seen as a struggle for power.
- Focus is to understand that the couple's emotional and behavioral dysfunction has been related to inappropriate information processing. Seeks to discover negative types of thinking that drive the negative behavior causing relationship difficulties.
5 True/False questions
Take Charge role → Therapist plays a very active, directive role. Responsible for changing maladaptive family organization and for solving the family's problem. Therapist must maintain his control in therapy.
Rituals → Making the client's symptoms too much trouble for the client to continue to have. (Assigning hours of exercise in the middle of the night when they have been symptomatic that day.)
Structural Strategic Marital Therapy → Jay Haley.Consistent with Milton Erickson's work. Emphasizes change techniques over theory. Believe in the possibility of rapid change and use resistance of family members in the service of change. Communication is seen as defining relationship. Every relationship is seen as a struggle for power.
The Super-reasonable → A therapist "joining" or engaging in work with a couple. Through avoidance of triangulation, helps the couple address, with each other, the difficulties they are having.
Negative feedback loop (Attenuating) → Input that maintains the status quo of a system.