5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sweat shop
- Three Gorges Dam
- a the general of the emperor's army with the powers of a military dicatator
- b a violent storm with fierce winds and heavy rain; the most extreme weather pattern in South Asia
- c a dam being built on the Chang Jiang in China to control flooding generate power, and allows ships to sail father
- d a workplace where people work long hours for low pay under poor conditions to enrich manufacturers
- e a religion that orginated in India about 500 BC and spread to China, where it grew into a major religion by 400 AD.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the chain of volcanoes that lines the Pacific Rim
- the merging of regional economies in which nations become dependant on each other for goods and services
- an earthquake in 1923 in Japan that killed an estimated 140,000 people and left the city of Tokyo in ruins
- an extended period of decline in general business activity
- a zone of prosperity during the 1980d and early 1990s in Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan
5 True/False questions
Samurai → a professional soldier in Japan who served the interests of land owners and clan chiefs
Tsunami → beliefs in preserving and restoring harmony in the individual, with natura, and in the universe, with little interference from the gov.
Indochina → a religion that orginated in India about 500 BC and spread to China, where it grew into a major religion by 400 AD.
monsoon → the leader of the communists in China who defeated the Nationalists in 1948
UNICEF → United Nations Children's Relief Fund; an international watchdog and relief organization for children