5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Global Economy
- Sweat shop
- a a workplace where people work long hours for low pay under poor conditions to enrich manufacturers
- b beliefs in preserving and restoring harmony in the individual, with natura, and in the universe, with little interference from the gov.
- c a religion that orginated in India about 500 BC and spread to China, where it grew into a major religion by 400 AD.
- d a series of rulers from the same family
- e the merging of regional economies in which nations become dependant on each other for goods and services
5 Multiple choice questions
- a giant ocean wave, caused by an underwater earthquake or volcanic eruption, with great destructive power
- a violent storm with fierce winds and heavy rain; the most extreme weather pattern in South Asia
- an earthquake in 1923 in Japan that killed an estimated 140,000 people and left the city of Tokyo in ruins
- the chain of volcanoes that lines the Pacific Rim
- an extended period of decline in general business activity
5 True/False questions
Three Gorges Dam → a dam being built on the Chang Jiang in China to control flooding generate power, and allows ships to sail father
Mao Zedong → the leader of the communists in China who defeated the Nationalists in 1948
UNICEF → United Nations Children's Relief Fund; an international watchdog and relief organization for children
Shogun → beliefs in preserving and restoring harmony in the individual, with natura, and in the universe, with little interference from the gov.
Siddhartha Gautama → the founder of buddhism, known as Buddha, born 6th century BC