Create an account
1. the act of turning away from.
2. a dislike of something.
example: Homer had an _____________ to any food that was not a donut.
1. to turn into
2. to transform
example: He planned to _________ the box into a new bed for the dog.
1. an outgoing person
2. someone who is gregarious or unreserved
example: It's easy to tell that Tracy Morgan is an ______ by the way he enjoys entertaining the audience.
1. to turn a different direction
2. to cause to turn away from
example: The doctor used a loud noise to ______ the child from the pain of the needle.
1. the state of being shy or not social
2. turned inward; focusing on oneself
example: Because of her __________, Mary refused to leave her house or accept visitors.
1. turned against
example: Once that first turkey sandwich was thrown, it was one side of the restaurant ______ the other in a huge food fight.
1. to move across.
2. to turn back and forth across something.
example: We will ________ all of America as we visit the country's historical landmarks.
1. to promote something (for purposes of turning the buyer toward your product).
2. to spread the word about something (to turn attention toward it).
example: John wore his Red Sox cap to ________ that he was a fan of the team.
1. a feeling of spinning or turning uncontrollably even though you're standing still.
example: After Susy stepped off the merry-go-round, she had a bout of ___________.
1. being able to turn into many things
2. having many uses
example: The "Survivor" tribal buff is very _______; it can be worn as a hat, an armband, or even as a skirt."
1. to turn back again
2. to change back
example: At midnight, Cinderella's carriage ________ed to its former state: a simple pumpkin.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together