6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Psychologists that focus on the interaction of ourselves and the environment promote which perspective?
- Nina believes that she failed the exam because her professor did not teach the material well even though she only studied for an hour the night before and skipped three lectures. What is this an example of?
- Douglas has wanted to go on a date with a woman for so long, however, he has gotten denied every time he asks a woman out. Now Douglas does not ask women out because he thinks that no one will ever date him. What is Douglas experiencing?
- According to Clint's psychiatrist, his sexual longing for his mother is causing him to be jealous of his father which has been triggering his violent outbursts towards his father.
- Gia knows that she did poorly on her psychology exam because she stayed out all night at a party the night before. What is this an example of?
- Baby Wilmico cries in order to satisfy his basic needs such as getting food from his mother when he is hungry. According to Freud, which component of psychodynamic perspective is being displayed in Wilmico's action?
6 True/False questions
Repression → Ashton was pressured by his fraternity brothers to graffiti Wilson Hall. He thinks it over and decides he will not do it because it is wrong and illegal. According to Freud, which component of psychodynamic is displayed in Ashton's decision?
Superego → Penelope sees another girl flirting with her boyfriend and feels the urge to punch the girl. Instead she decides to walk calmy to her boyfriend and tells him to stop talking to her. According to Freud, which component of psychodynamic perspective is Penelope displaying in her action?
Projective Test → Hewitt took a personality test in which he was shown an ambiguous picture and was asked to describe it or tell a story about the picture. What type of test did Hewitt take?
Unconscious → Stephania has repressed her memories of her father molesting her as a child. According to Freud, where are these memories stored?
Unconditional Positive Regard → Gia knows that she did poorly on her psychology exam because she stayed out all night at a party the night before. What is this an example of?
Self-Serving Bias → Safri is the starting forward for his school basketball team. He believes that whenever his team loses its due to poor officiating and whenever his team wins he attributes it to his talent. What is this an example of?