6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Barry, a seven-year-old boy, follows his father around while he does yard work and is also a huge Redskins fan like his father. Aside from those, he has incorporated many more of his father's values. According to Freud, what process is Barry undergoing?
- Safri is the starting forward for his school basketball team. He believes that whenever his team loses its due to poor officiating and whenever his team wins he attributes it to his talent. What is this an example of?
- Karab was given a questionnaire that measures a wide range of feelings and behaviors to determine certain personality traits. What type of test did Karab take?
- Nina believes that she failed the exam because her professor did not teach the material well even though she only studied for an hour the night before and skipped three lectures. What is this an example of?
- According to Clint's psychiatrist, his sexual longing for his mother is causing him to be jealous of his father which has been triggering his violent outbursts towards his father.
- Gilberto's psychiatrist asks him to lay on the couch and say whatever comes to mind no matter how farfetched it may be. What method of psychoanalysis is the psychiatrist using?
6 True/False questions
Psychoanalysis → Stephania has repressed her memories of her father molesting her as a child. According to Freud, where are these memories stored?
Projective Test → Hewitt took a personality test in which he was shown an ambiguous picture and was asked to describe it or tell a story about the picture. What type of test did Hewitt take?
Ego → Penelope sees another girl flirting with her boyfriend and feels the urge to punch the girl. Instead she decides to walk calmy to her boyfriend and tells him to stop talking to her. According to Freud, which component of psychodynamic perspective is Penelope displaying in her action?
Repression → Ashton was pressured by his fraternity brothers to graffiti Wilson Hall. He thinks it over and decides he will not do it because it is wrong and illegal. According to Freud, which component of psychodynamic is displayed in Ashton's decision?
Social-Cognitive Perspective → Hewitt took a personality test in which he was shown an ambiguous picture and was asked to describe it or tell a story about the picture. What type of test did Hewitt take?
Id → Baby Wilmico cries in order to satisfy his basic needs such as getting food from his mother when he is hungry. According to Freud, which component of psychodynamic perspective is being displayed in Wilmico's action?