5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Spatial mobility
- C. Wright Mills
- a Pronounced deprivation in well-being, and comprises many dimensions.
- b Can also be defined as scapegoating which is the practice of singling out any party for no reason to negatively blame them.
- c Brought up by authoritarian parents with strict obedience.
- d Structured exchange of favors between big business executives, heads of federal government and military.
- e The movement of individuals, families, and larger groups from one location to another.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Social strata that are based primarily on economic criteria such as occupation, income, and wealth.
- A system of negative beliefs, feelings, and action-orientations regarding a certain group or groups of people.
- Taught to not like a certain group of people.
- Attempts to address the underachievement of minority students in poor communities by instituting a system of standardized testing and requiring schools that do not measure up on these tests to hire more qualified teachers.
5 True/False questions
False Consciousness → -The opportunities that an individual will have or be denied throughout life.
-Education, health care, occupations, retirement, etc.
Legitimacy in government → Capacity of a society to create and maintain the belief that the existing political institutions are the most appropriate for the society.
Closed stratification system → -More ascribed statuses.
-Born and die in.
Self-justification → A society's system for ranking people and distributing rewards according to such attributes as income, wealth, power, prestige, age, sex, ethnicity, race, religion, and celebrity.
Life chances → Feelings/Emotions.