5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Social stratification
- Credential inflation
- Social mobility
- a People's earning from wages, dividends, interest, and any rents or royalties that are paid to them on properties they own.
- b Ability to move from one strata to another.
- c -Keeps universities flush with tuition dollars: jobs.
-Keeps you out of the work force for a bit.
-Grade inflation and decrease in standards.
- d A system of negative beliefs, feelings, and action-orientations regarding a certain group or groups of people.
- e A society's system for ranking people and distributing rewards according to such attributes as income, wealth, power, prestige, age, sex, ethnicity, race, religion, and celebrity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Can also be defined as scapegoating which is the practice of singling out any party for no reason to negatively blame them.
- To justify that a certain group of people are below you.
- Social strata into which people are born and which they remain for life (cannot get out of).
5 True/False questions
Karl Marx (1814-1883) → Focuses on the socialization of all young people for membership into society.
Life chances → -The opportunities that an individual will have or be denied throughout life.
-Education, health care, occupations, retirement, etc.
Mass education → Focuses on the socialization of all young people for membership into society.
C. Wright Mills → Thoughts on topic.
Classes → Social strata into which people are born and which they remain for life (cannot get out of).