5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Spatial mobility
- Structural mobility
- a The movement of individuals, families, and larger groups from one location to another.
- b Brought up by authoritarian parents with strict obedience.
- c Movement of an individual or group from one social stratum to another caused by the elimination of an entire class as a result of changes in the means of existence.
- d -Institutional power.
-Power whose exercise is governed by the norms and statuses of organizations.
- e To justify that a certain group of people are below you.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Characteristic of capitalist society that makes workers keep working and believing that if they work hard enough they will be successful and if they aren't successful, it's their own fault.
- Someone does not like the opposing team or someone who is not on their side.
- Capacity of a society to create and maintain the belief that the existing political institutions are the most appropriate for the society.
- -More achieved statuses.
-Can move up or down.
- Social strata into which people are born and which they remain for life (cannot get out of).
5 True/False questions
Social mobility → Ability to move from one strata to another.
Mass education → Focuses on the socialization of all young people for membership into society.
Classes → Social strata that are based primarily on economic criteria such as occupation, income, and wealth.
Discrimination → Practice of different and unequal treatment of other group.
Socialization → Someone does not like the opposing team or someone who is not on their side.