5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- False Consciousness
- Legitimacy in government
- a Characteristic of capitalist society that makes workers keep working and believing that if they work hard enough they will be successful and if they aren't successful, it's their own fault.
- b A system of negative beliefs, feelings, and action-orientations regarding a certain group or groups of people.
- c Can also be defined as scapegoating which is the practice of singling out any party for no reason to negatively blame them.
- d Someone does not like the opposing team or someone who is not on their side.
- e Capacity of a society to create and maintain the belief that the existing political institutions are the most appropriate for the society.
5 Multiple choice questions
- -More achieved statuses.
-Can move up or down.
- Pronounced deprivation in well-being, and comprises many dimensions.
- -Institutional power.
-Power whose exercise is governed by the norms and statuses of organizations.
- Social strata into which people are born and which they remain for life (cannot get out of).
5 True/False questions
Performance Teams → Brought up by authoritarian parents with strict obedience.
Wealth → -Imaginary set of horizontal social layers.
-More or less closed to entry by people outside any given layer.
Closed stratification system → -More ascribed statuses.
-Born and die in.
Income → People's earning from wages, dividends, interest, and any rents or royalties that are paid to them on properties they own.
Strata → -The value of everything a person or family owns, minus any debts.
-Marketable assets (such as real estate).