5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Credential inflation
- C. Wright Mills
- Open stratification system
- Life chances
- a Structured exchange of favors between big business executives, heads of federal government and military.
- b -The opportunities that an individual will have or be denied throughout life.
-Education, health care, occupations, retirement, etc.
- c -Keeps universities flush with tuition dollars: jobs.
-Keeps you out of the work force for a bit.
-Grade inflation and decrease in standards.
- d -More achieved statuses.
-Can move up or down.
- e Practice of different and unequal treatment of other group.
5 Multiple choice questions
- To justify that a certain group of people are below you.
- Can also be defined as scapegoating which is the practice of singling out any party for no reason to negatively blame them.
- The performance serves mainly to express the characteristics of the task that is performed and not the characteristics of the performer.
- Focuses on the socialization of all young people for membership into society.
- Ability to move from one strata to another.
5 True/False questions
Structural mobility → Movement of an individual or group from one social stratum to another caused by the elimination of an entire class as a result of changes in the means of existence.
3 Parts to one's attitude → -Cognitive.
-Behavioral or Action-orientation.
Legitimacy in government → What is acceptable behavior in society.
Closed stratification system → -More ascribed statuses.
-Born and die in.
Action-orientation → Behavioral.