5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Net filtration would decrease.
- Kidney function decreases due to kidney atrophy.
- increase in the production of ADH
- The male urethra serves both the urinary and reproductive systems at the same time.
- a Aldosterone is a hormone that causes the renal tubules to reclaim sodium ions from the filtrate.
- b Which of the following best describes kidney function in older adults (70 years or older)?
- c What would happen if the capsular hydrostatic pressure were increased above normal?
- d An increase in the permeability of the cells of the collecting tubule to water is due to a(n) ________.
- e Which of the following statements is a false or incorrect statement?
5 Multiple choice questions
- The factor favoring filtrate formation at the glomerulus is the ________.
- Water reabsorption through the proximal convoluted tubule is termed obligatory water reabsorption, whereas water reabsorption through the distal convoluted tubule is termed facultative water reabsorption.
- Which of the following is not a part of the juxtaglomerular apparatus?
- Which of the following is not a reason why substances are either not reabsorbed or are incompletely reabsorbed from the nephron?
- The descending limb of the loop of Henle ________.
5 True/False questions
True → In the kidneys, the countercurrent mechanism involves the interaction between the flow of filtrate through the loop of Henle of the juxtamedullary nephrons (the countercurrent multiplier) and the flow of blood through the limbs of adjacent blood vessels (the countercurrent exchanger). This relationship establishes and maintains an osmotic gradient extending from the cortex through the depths of the medulla that allows the kidneys to vary urine concentration dramatically.
creatinine → The ________ artery lies on the boundary between the cortex and medulla of the kidney.
Bowman's capsule and glomerulus → The renal corpuscle is made up of ________.
renal fascia → The trigone is so named because of the shape of the urinary bladder.
pelvis of the kidney to ureter to bladder to urethra → Which of the following acts as the trigger for the initiation of micturition (voiding)?