5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- renal fascia
- eliminates solid, undigested wastes and excretes carbon dioxide, water, salts, and heat
- a Atrial naturetic peptide inhibits sodium reabsorption.
- b The ________ artery lies on the boundary between the cortex and medulla of the kidney.
- c The filtration membrane includes all except ________.
- d Which of the choices below is not a function of the urinary system?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Tubular reabsorption ________.
- The urethra contains an internal sphincter of smooth muscle.
- Incontinence is the inability to control voluntary micturition.
- Site of filtrate formation.
- If one says that the clearance value of glucose is zero, what does this mean?
5 True/False questions
True → The position of the kidneys behind the peritoneal lining of the abdominal cavity is described by the term retroperitoneal.
secondary active transport → Reabsorption of high levels of glucose and amino acids in the filtrate is accomplished by ________.
False → The entire responsibility for urine formation lies with the nephron.
False → Aldosterone is a hormone that causes the renal tubules to reclaim sodium ions from the filtrate.
plasma protein → Which of the following is not associated with the renal corpuscle?