5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- The ureters are capable of peristalsis like that of the gastrointestinal tract.
- renal fascia
- a The ________ artery lies on the boundary between the cortex and medulla of the kidney.
- b The trigone is so named because of the shape of the urinary bladder.
- c The filtration membrane includes all except ________.
- d Select the correct statement about the ureters.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The factor favoring filtrate formation at the glomerulus is the ________.
- Urine is 95% water by volume.
- If the GFR is too low, needed substances may pass so quickly through the renal tubules that they are not absorbed and instead are lost in the urine.
- The mechanism of water reabsorption by the renal tubules is ________.
- Site of filtrate formation.
5 True/False questions
contains fluid that becomes more concentrated as it moves down into the medulla → The descending limb of the loop of Henle ________.
False → The proximal convoluted tubule is the portion of the nephron that attaches to the collecting duct.
True → Obligatory water reabsorption involves the movement of water along an osmotic gradient.
by active mechanisms usually involves movement against an electrical and/or chemical gradient → The macula densa cells respond to ________.
inhibits the release of ADH → Alcohol acts as a diuretic because it ________.