5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- renal fascia
- Normally all the glucose is reabsorbed.
- a Aldosterone is a hormone that causes the renal tubules to reclaim sodium ions from the filtrate.
- b The mechanism of water reabsorption by the renal tubules is ________.
- c If one says that the clearance value of glucose is zero, what does this mean?
- d The filtration membrane includes all except ________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Glomerular filtration is an ATP-driven process.
- The fatty tissue surrounding the kidneys is important because it ________.
- The factor favoring filtrate formation at the glomerulus is the ________.
- The function of angiotensin II is to ________.
- What would happen if the capsular hydrostatic pressure were increased above normal?
5 True/False questions
contains fluid that becomes more concentrated as it moves down into the medulla → Urine passes through the ________.
The male urethra serves both the urinary and reproductive systems at the same time. → The juxtaglomerular apparatus is responsible for ________.
impermeability of the collecting tubule to water → The macula densa cells respond to ________.
creatinine → Incontinence is the inability to control voluntary micturition.
form a large volume of very dilute urine or a small volume of very concentrated urine → Which of the choices below is a function of the loop of Henle?