1) Common Areas--hallways, stairwells, etc.
2) Latent Defects Rule--L must warn T of hidden defects of which L has knowledge or reason to know (NOTE: is a duty to warn, NOT a duty to repair)
3) Assumption of Repairs--while under no duty to make repairs, once undertaken, L must complete them with reasonable care--means that if L makes the repairs negligently, L is liable
4) Public Use Rule--L who leases public space (e.g., a convention hall or museum), and who should know, because of the significant nature of the defect and the short length of the lease, that T will not repair, is liable for any defects on the premises
5) Short-Term Lease of Furnished Dwelling--L is responsible for any defective condition which proximately injures T