Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Unit one Vocab
Terms in this set (15)
1. The redemptive Passion, Death, Resurrection, and glorious Ascension of Jesus Christ, through which Jesus not only liberated humans from sin but also gave them new life.
1. Both a gift from God that can only exist with God's preceding grace and an act of a person's intellect and assenting to the divine truth by command of the will that has been moved by that grace.
1. The bishops, in communion with the pope, who are the living and teaching office of the Church. Authentically interprets the Word of God in the forms of Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition
Deposit of Faith
"The heritage of faith contained in Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition, handed down in the Church from the time of the Apostles, from which the Magisterium draws all that it proposes for belief as being divinely revealed" (CCC, Glossary)
The partnership between God and humanity that God has established out of his love. The New Covenant is offered through Christ; the blood that Christ shed on the Cross is a sign of the New Covenant.
1. The story of God's action in human history. Events through which God makes us aware of and bring humanity into the kingdom of God. Began with creation of world and ends with second coming of Christ.
Kingdom of God
The reign or rule of God. Began with the coming of Jesus. It will exist in perfect form at the end of time.
1. The final judgment of humanity when Christ returns to earth. Aka in Greek: Parousia - arrival
1. Jesus' twelve specially chosen and commissioned disciples, as well as other figures such as St. Paul; sent forth to evangelize. Originates from the Greek for "to send forth"
The event that "marks the definitive entrance of Jesus' humanity into God's heavenly domain"
1. Greek for "fiftieth day" a Jewish harvest feast occurring fifty days after the Passover; the first one for Christians was when the Holy Spirit appeared to the Apostles in the form of wind and fire fifty days after Jesus' Resurrection.
The handing on of the teaching, preaching, and office of the Apostles to their successors, the bishops, through the laying on of hands
Vows of personal poverty, Chasity (understood as lifelong celibacy), and obedience to a bishop or superior of a religious community
A special gift or grace of the Holy Spirit that directly or indirectly builds up the Church, helps a person live a Christian life, or serves the common good.
From the Hebrew for "the Chosen one" or "the Anointed One"; the term-12 role that Jesus filled.
Sets found in the same folder
Unit 2 voc
Saints unit 2
Unit 3 Church Fathers and First seven Ecumenical c…
Sets with similar terms
Theology II Semester 1 Final
Jakob Christian Final Exam Vocabulary Jezewak
(religion) exam 1
Unit 3 Test Study Guide
Other sets by this creator
Unit 3 Part 1
Unit 2, part 2
Unit 2, part 1
Unit 1, Part 3
Other Quizlet sets
Mock Trial Opening
EVBP Test #2
Phys 70/71 The Liver as an Organ
Geology test 3