5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Western Engineer
- Oregon Trail
- To get a piece of land and a chance to start over.
- a Why did people leave their homes in the east to travel west?
- b What missionaries were first in Nebraska?
- c What steam boat did Major Long use to reach Council Bluffs?
- d What trail did John C. Fremont discover?
- e What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What killed many people on the wagon trains?
- Why did the rendezvous develop?
- What was another name for the Oregon Trail?
- What name did Major Long give the Great Plains?
- What exciting discovery helped develop the California Trail?
5 True/False questions
Great Pathfinder → What name did Major Long give the Great Plains?
Atkinson → What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
Earth Lodge → an early, permanent American Indian home made of logs, brush, grasses, and earth
Mormon Trail, Ft. Kearney Cut-off, Oxbow Trail → Name another trail that ran through Nebraska.
Nibraskier → What French word did Bourgmont use to name the Platte River?