5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The rendezvous allowed fur trappers to renew friendships, trade furs for supplies, and allowed fur traders to move closer to fur trappers trapping areas
- California Trail, Overland Trail, and Platte River Valley Road
- Prairie Agate
- Oregon Trail
- a Why did the rendezvous develop?
- b a kind of rock found in Nebraska with crystals in the center
- c The medicine man
- d What trail did John C. Fremont discover?
- e What was another name for the Oregon Trail?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
- Name another trail that ran through Nebraska.
- What European explorer was looking for the legendary city of Quivira?
- French word for strike
- What name did Major Long give the Great Plains?
5 True/False questions
Fur trade declined because many areas were over trapped severely reducing animal populations. → What happened to the fur trade over this period of time?
Archaic Culture → What culture lived during the foraging period?
Gold Rush → What exciting discovery helped develop the California Trail?
Earth Lodge → an early, temporary American Indian home made of bent poles and animal skins
Skin Lodge → an early, permanent American Indian home made of logs, brush, grasses, and earth