5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mormon Trail, Ft. Kearney Cut-off, Oxbow Trail
- Archaic Culture
- Fur trade declined because many areas were over trapped severely reducing animal populations.
- a What happened to the fur trade over this period of time?
- b Name another trail that ran through Nebraska.
- c The medicine man
- d What culture lived during the foraging period?
- e What was the first fort built in Council Bluffs?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What was another name for the Oregon Trail?
- What exciting discovery helped develop the California Trail?
- What trail did John C. Fremont discover?
- French word for strike
- What was Captain John C. Fremont called?
5 True/False questions
Spain → The medicine man
Earth Lodge → an early, temporary American Indian home made of bent poles and animal skins
Baptist → What missionaries were first in Nebraska?
To get a piece of land and a chance to start over. → Why did people leave their homes in the east to travel west?
Disease → What killed many people on the wagon trains?