5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Great Pathfinder
- Fur trade declined because many areas were over trapped severely reducing animal populations.
- Western Engineer
- a What was Captain John C. Fremont called?
- b What happened to the fur trade over this period of time?
- c What European explorer was looking for the legendary city of Quivira?
- d What missionaries were first in Nebraska?
- e What steam boat did Major Long use to reach Council Bluffs?
5 Multiple choice questions
- an early, temporary American Indian home made of bent poles and animal skins
- French word for strike
- What killed many people on the wagon trains?
- Why did people leave their homes in the east to travel west?
- What French word did Bourgmont use to name the Platte River?
5 True/False questions
Great American Desert → What was Captain John C. Fremont called?
Mormon Trail, Ft. Kearney Cut-off, Oxbow Trail → What trail did John C. Fremont discover?
Earth Lodge → an early, temporary American Indian home made of bent poles and animal skins
Archaic Culture → an early, permanent American Indian home made of logs, brush, grasses, and earth
Gold Rush → French word for strike