5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fur trade declined because many areas were over trapped severely reducing animal populations.
- The rendezvous allowed fur trappers to renew friendships, trade furs for supplies, and allowed fur traders to move closer to fur trappers trapping areas
- a Why did the rendezvous develop?
- b French word for strike
- c What missionaries were first in Nebraska?
- d What European explorer was looking for the legendary city of Quivira?
- e What happened to the fur trade over this period of time?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What steam boat did Major Long use to reach Council Bluffs?
- Name another trail that ran through Nebraska.
- What exciting discovery helped develop the California Trail?
- What culture lived during the foraging period?
- a kind of rock found in Nebraska with crystals in the center
5 True/False questions
To get a piece of land and a chance to start over. → What name did Major Long give the Great Plains?
California Trail, Overland Trail, and Platte River Valley Road → Why did people leave their homes in the east to travel west?
Disease → What killed many people on the wagon trains?
Great American Desert → What was Captain John C. Fremont called?
Nibraskier → What killed many people on the wagon trains?