5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Skin Lodge
- Great American Desert
- California Trail, Overland Trail, and Platte River Valley Road
- The rendezvous allowed fur trappers to renew friendships, trade furs for supplies, and allowed fur traders to move closer to fur trappers trapping areas
- a What name did Major Long give the Great Plains?
- b What killed many people on the wagon trains?
- c Why did the rendezvous develop?
- d What was another name for the Oregon Trail?
- e an early, temporary American Indian home made of bent poles and animal skins
5 Multiple choice questions
- What was the first fort built in Council Bluffs?
- What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
- an early, permanent American Indian home made of logs, brush, grasses, and earth
- French word for strike
- What missionaries were first in Nebraska?
5 True/False questions
Mormon Trail, Ft. Kearney Cut-off, Oxbow Trail → Name another trail that ran through Nebraska.
Shaman → The medicine man
Gold Rush → What exciting discovery helped develop the California Trail?
Prairie Agate → a kind of rock found in Nebraska with crystals in the center
Nibraskier → What French word did Bourgmont use to name the Platte River?