5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- California Trail, Overland Trail, and Platte River Valley Road
- The rendezvous allowed fur trappers to renew friendships, trade furs for supplies, and allowed fur traders to move closer to fur trappers trapping areas
- Prairie Agate
- a Why did the rendezvous develop?
- b What European explorer was looking for the legendary city of Quivira?
- c What French word did Bourgmont use to name the Platte River?
- d What was another name for the Oregon Trail?
- e a kind of rock found in Nebraska with crystals in the center
5 Multiple choice questions
- What was the first fort built in Council Bluffs?
- What trail did John C. Fremont discover?
- an early, permanent American Indian home made of logs, brush, grasses, and earth
- What happened to the fur trade over this period of time?
- an early, temporary American Indian home made of bent poles and animal skins
5 True/False questions
Mormon Trail, Ft. Kearney Cut-off, Oxbow Trail → What trail did John C. Fremont discover?
Great Pathfinder → What name did Major Long give the Great Plains?
Disease → What killed many people on the wagon trains?
Western Engineer → What steam boat did Major Long use to reach Council Bluffs?
Gold Rush → What exciting discovery helped develop the California Trail?