5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- California Trail, Overland Trail, and Platte River Valley Road
- Prairie Agate
- Great Pathfinder
- a What was another name for the Oregon Trail?
- b a kind of rock found in Nebraska with crystals in the center
- c What killed many people on the wagon trains?
- d What was Captain John C. Fremont called?
- e What was the first fort built in Council Bluffs?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What culture lived during the foraging period?
- What European country introduced horses to the Americas?
- an early, temporary American Indian home made of bent poles and animal skins
- What steam boat did Major Long use to reach Council Bluffs?
- What European explorer was looking for the legendary city of Quivira?
5 True/False questions
Fur trade declined because many areas were over trapped severely reducing animal populations. → What happened to the fur trade over this period of time?
Gold Rush → French word for strike
Great American Desert → What was Captain John C. Fremont called?
Earth Lodge → an early, permanent American Indian home made of logs, brush, grasses, and earth
The rendezvous allowed fur trappers to renew friendships, trade furs for supplies, and allowed fur traders to move closer to fur trappers trapping areas → Why did the rendezvous develop?