5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- expert power
- inspirational appeal
- a a tactic designed to appeal to the target's values and ideals, thereby creating an emotional or attitudial reaction.
- b (high assertiveness, high cooperation) occurs when both parties work together to maximize outcomes.
- c represents how important a person's job is and how many people depend on that person to accomplish their tasks.
- d a negotiatior's best alternative to a negotiated agreement.
- e a form of personal power based on expertise or knowledge.
5 Multiple choice questions
- (low assertiveness, high cooperation) occurs when one party gives in to the other and acts in a completely unselfish way.
- the use of power and influence to direct the activities of followers toward goal achievement.
- a form of organizational power based on the control of resources or benefits.
- (moderate assertiveness, moderate cooperation) occurs when conflict is resolved through give-and-take concessions.
- aimed at at accomplishing a win-win scenario.
5 True/False questions
influence → the use of an actual behavior that causes behavorial or attitudial changes in others.
resistance → occurs when the target refuses to perform the influence request and puts forth an effort to avoid having to do it.
exchanging information → used when the requestor offers a reward or resource to the target in return for performing a request.
substitutability → how aware others are of a leader's power and position.
political skill → occur when the influencer enlists other people to help influence the target.