5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- expert power
- rational persuasion
- a the degree to which people have alternatives in accessing resources.
- b a form of personal power based on expertise or knowledge.
- c the use of logical agruments and hard facts to show the target that the request is a worthwhile one.
- d (low assertiveness, high cooperation) occurs when one party gives in to the other and acts in a completely unselfish way.
- e (moderate assertiveness, moderate cooperation) occurs when conflict is resolved through give-and-take concessions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- occurs when a third party determines a binding settlement to a dispute.
- a form of organizational power based on the control of resources or benefits.
- the use of power and influence to direct the activities of followers toward goal achievement.
- the use of coercive power through threats and demands.
- represents how important a person's job is and how many people depend on that person to accomplish their tasks.
5 True/False questions
inspirational appeal → a tactic designed to appeal to the target's values and ideals, thereby creating an emotional or attitudial reaction.
consultation → a process in which two or more interdependent individuals discuss and attempt to come to an agreement about their different preferences.
mediation → a process in which two or more interdependent individuals discuss and attempt to come to an agreement about their different preferences.
influence → the use of an actual behavior that causes behavorial or attitudial changes in others.
exchange tactic → occurs when the target is allowed to participate in deciding how to carry out or implement a request.