5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- coercive power
- inspirational appeal
- a the use of coercive power through threats and demands.
- b the third stage of the negotiation process, during which each party gives and takes to arrive at an agreement.
- c (low assertiveness, low cooperation) occurs when one party wants to remain nuetral, stay away from conflict, or postpone the conflict to gather information or let things cool down.
- d a form of organizational power based on the ability to hand out punishment.
- e a tactic designed to appeal to the target's values and ideals, thereby creating an emotional or attitudial reaction.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a form of organizational power based on the control of resources or benefits.
- occurs when targets of influence are willing to do what the leader asks, but they do it with a degree of ambivalence.
- (low assertiveness, high cooperation) occurs when one party gives in to the other and acts in a completely unselfish way.
- occurs when the target is allowed to participate in deciding how to carry out or implement a request.
- the second stage of the negotiation process, during which each party makes the strongest case for its position.
5 True/False questions
coalitions → occur when the influencer enlists other people to help influence the target.
collaboration → seen as both a conflict resolution style and an influence tactic whereby both parties work together to maximize outcomes.
discretion → is the degree to which managers have the right to make decisions on their own.
legitimate power → a form of organizational power based on authority or position.
rational persuasion → seen as both a conflict resolution style and an influence tactic whereby both parties work together to maximize outcomes.