5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- reward power
- a occurs when a third party determines a binding settlement to a dispute.
- b a form of organizational power based on the control of resources or benefits.
- c the degree to which people have alternatives in accessing resources.
- d (low assertiveness, high cooperation) occurs when one party gives in to the other and acts in a completely unselfish way.
- e occurs when the requestor clearly explains why performing the request will benefit the target personally.
5 Multiple choice questions
- represents how important a person's job is and how many people depend on that person to accomplish their tasks.
- occur when the requestor asks for something based on personal friendship or loyalty.
- a process by which two parties resolve conflicts through the use of a specially trained, neutral third party.
- the second stage of the negotiation process, during which each party makes the strongest case for its position.
- occurs when the target is allowed to participate in deciding how to carry out or implement a request.
5 True/False questions
compromise → occurs when targets of influence are willing to do what the leader asks, but they do it with a degree of ambivalence.
ingratiation → the use of favors, compliments, or friendly behavior to make the target feel better about the influence.
closing and commitment → the fourth and final stage of the negotiation process, during which the agreeement arrived at during bargaining gets formalized.
BATNA → a negotiatior's best alternative to a negotiated agreement.
political skill → occur when the influencer enlists other people to help influence the target.