5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- expert power
- personal appeals
- a occur when the requestor asks for something based on personal friendship or loyalty.
- b a form of personal power based on expertise or knowledge.
- c occurs when the target refuses to perform the influence request and puts forth an effort to avoid having to do it.
- d occurs when targets of influence are willing to do what the leader asks, but they do it with a degree of ambivalence.
- e the use of an actual behavior that causes behavorial or attitudial changes in others.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a process in which two or more interdependent individuals discuss and attempt to come to an agreement about their different preferences.
- a negotiatior's best alternative to a negotiated agreement.
- aimed at at accomplishing a win-win scenario.
- occurs when the requestor clearly explains why performing the request will benefit the target personally.
- (low assertiveness, low cooperation) occurs when one party wants to remain nuetral, stay away from conflict, or postpone the conflict to gather information or let things cool down.
5 True/False questions
collaboration → the first stage of the negotiation process, during which each party determines its goals for the negotiation.
collaboration → seen as both a conflict resolution style and an influence tactic whereby both parties work together to maximize outcomes.
alternative dispute resolution → the use of logical agruments and hard facts to show the target that the request is a worthwhile one.
rational persuasion → the use of logical agruments and hard facts to show the target that the request is a worthwhile one.
closing and commitment → the fourth and final stage of the negotiation process, during which the agreeement arrived at during bargaining gets formalized.