5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- inspirational appeal
- reward power
- a a tactic designed to appeal to the target's values and ideals, thereby creating an emotional or attitudial reaction.
- b occurs when the target refuses to perform the influence request and puts forth an effort to avoid having to do it.
- c the use of favors, compliments, or friendly behavior to make the target feel better about the influence.
- d requires a third party to facilitate the dispute resolution process, though this third party has no formal authority to dictate a solution.
- e a form of organizational power based on the control of resources or benefits.
5 Multiple choice questions
- seen as both a conflict resolution style and an influence tactic whereby both parties work together to maximize outcomes.
- represents how important a person's job is and how many people depend on that person to accomplish their tasks.
- the ability to effectively understand others at work and use that knowledge to influence others in ways enhance personal and/or organizational objectives.
- the use of logical agruments and hard facts to show the target that the request is a worthwhile one.
- aimed at at accomplishing a win-win scenario.
5 True/False questions
compromise → (moderate assertiveness, moderate cooperation) occurs when conflict is resolved through give-and-take concessions.
collaboration → occurs when the target is allowed to participate in deciding how to carry out or implement a request.
apprising → occurs when the requestor clearly explains why performing the request will benefit the target personally.
power → the ability to influence the behavior of others and resist unwanted influence in return.
preparation → the first stage of the negotiation process, during which each party determines its goals for the negotiation.