5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a leukopenia in which the decrease is primarily in number of neutrophils (the chief phagocytic leukocyte)
- b One of the segments of a tapeworm, containing both male and female reproductive organs.
- c mouth of a protozoan
- d Transformation of a cyst stage into a trophozoite stage
- e infect humans, transmitted human to human. Lead to chronic infections that are difficult to cure
5 Multiple choice questions
- snail fever, an infestation with or a resulting infection caused by a parasite of the genus Schistosoma
- specimens are obtained by endoscopic intubation or by the use of the enteric capsule or string test (Entero-Test).
- Thickened, white, leathery-looking spots on the inside of the mouth that can develop into oral cancer
- sinensis is usually mild and asymptomatic, but can cause fever, diarrhea, epigastric pain, hepatomegaly, anorexia, occasionally jaundice and rarely adenocarcinoma.
- fungal infection of a nail
5 True/False questions
Liver Abscess Aspirate → collected from the liver abscess margin instead of the necrotic center.
hyaline → pale or white grain, a glassy translucent material that occurs in hyaline cartilage or in certain skin conditions
urease → detection or concentration using the sedimentation centrifugation technique
pruritus → an intense itching sensation that can have various causes (as by allergies or infection or lymphoma or jaundice etc.)
indolent → head of an adult tapeworm; can contain suckers or hooks