Create an account
The ability of a cell or organism to regulate its internal conditions despite changes to the environment.
1. a measure of the acidity or alkalinity of a substance 2. Less than 7 indicates an acid 3. More than 7 indicates a base
1. Compound that tastes sour 2. turns litmus paper red 3. reacts with metals to produce hydrogen gas
1. a compound that tastes bitter 2. feels slippery 3. turns litmus paper blue
4. does not reaction to metal
The movement of particles from an area where their concentration is higher to an area where their concentration is lower
the process in which protein channels embedded in the cell membrane allow specific molecules to cross the membrane
a condition in which the concentration of a solute is the same inside and outside a cell
The movement of materials into or out of the cell WITHOUT the expenditure of energy
The movement of molecules against a concentration gradient WITH the expenditure of energy
a process through which substances (reactants) change into new substances (products) with different physical and chemical properties.
Like facilitated transport, ____________ transport can use protein channels to move specific substances across the membrane.
This chemical reaction is read as
CH₄(g) + 2O₂(g)-->CO₂(g) + 2H₂O(l)
CH₄= Mehane gas O₂= Oxygen
H₂O= Water CO₂+ Carbon Dioxide
One molecule of Methane reacts with two molecules of Oxygen to produce one molecule of carbon dioxide and two molecules of water.
Passive transport vs Active transport
1. Active transport makes use of energy in the form of ATP whereas passive transport does not utilize any 2. Active transport involves the transfer of molecules or ions against a concentration gradient whereas passive transport is the transfer along a concentration gradient.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together