5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fiber optic cable
- Coax cable
- Types of system software
- a A modem is a device or program that enables a computer to transmit data over, for example, telephone or cable lines.
- b ...
- c • A cross-platform program is one that runs the same on multiple operating systems
- d • Two types of System software is operating system and utility programs
- e A single copper wire surrounded by at least three layers : an insulating material, a woven or braided metal, and a plastic outer coating
5 Multiple choice questions
- E-mail message that warns users of a non-existent virus or other malware
- • Data is collection of unprocessed data
- Compressed files are sometimes called zipped files and they reduce the size of files by eliminating duplicate characters
- • UNIX is a multi-tasking operating system invented in the 1970's
5 True/False questions
Malware → • Computers viruses, worms, Trojan Horses, and rootkits are classified as Malware
Peer-to-peer network → • A peer-to-peer network is a simple, inexpensive network that typically connects 10 or fewer computers.
Booting → • The BIOS executes a series of tests, collectively known as the POST
Personal firewall → Utility program that detects and protects a personal computer from unauthorized intrusions.
Information Theft → Computer security that occurs when someone steals personal or confidential information