5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Medici family
- Yuan Dynasty
- Early (500-1000 C.E.), High (1000-1300 C.E.), and Late (1300-1500 C.E.)
- Magna Carta
- a traditional code of the Japanese samurai which stressed courage and loyalty and self-discipline and simple living
- b divisions of the medieval era
- c the royal charter of political rights given to rebellious English barons by King John in 1215 C.E.
- d Mongol dynasty in China
- e Dominating family of Florence, acquired wealth through banking. Spent lots of money on art.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Most famous Abbasid Caliphate, ruled from 786-809 C.E., made achievements in art, science, politics and military
- (1162-1227 C.E.) Leader and founder of Mongol tribes of Asia. Ruled from 1206-1227
- a special court with power to inquire about and judge matters of heresy
- west african empire that flourished and grew rich from trade (1250-1460 C.E.)
5 True/False questions
Córdoba → The leader of the Muslims in the third crusade and captured Jerusalem in 1187.
Hanseatic League → An economic and defensive alliance of the free towns in northern Germany, founded about 1241 C.E. and most powerful in the fourteenth century
Marco Polo → Venetian traveler who explored Asia in the 13th century and served Kublai Khan (1254-1324)
Habsburgs → leading family in the Holy Roman Empire, ruled Austria
Seljuk Turks → captured Constantinople in 1453 and rename it Istanbul; as a result the Byzantine people flee to Italian City-States which becomes a catalyst for the expansion of language and art