Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Army Sponsorship Program
Board Study Material 2020
Terms in this set (25)
What Army Regulation covers the Total Army Sponsorship Program?
What are a sponsor's responsibilities?
a. complete sponsorship training requirements
b. complete da form 5434 section 3 within 3 business days of notification
c. greet incoming soldier
d. adhere to sponsor checklist
e.sponsor no more than 5 soldiers at a time for up to 45 days after soldiers arrival
f. acknowledge receipt of soldier in TASP after face to face meeting
e. keep chain of command informed of progress
Sponsorship will be conducted on tier approach. what are the 3 tier approaches?
1. tier 1-AIT and Officer Basic course graduates will have a sponsor prior to publication of orders
2. Tier 2- Privates to SSG, 2nd Lieutenant to CPT, WO1 to CW2 will require sponsorship prior to leaving their losing installation
3. Tier 3- SFC to SM, CW3 to CW5, MAJ to COL can request a sponsor
What actions will Tier 1 and Tier 2 complete prior to departing losing unit under TASP?
1.Log into Career tracker after notification from ACT and complete DA FORM 5434
2. Reply to sponsors communication methods
3. inform BDE if sponsor does not communicate within 120 days of report date.
4. receive outbound sponsorship briefing from unit sponsorship coordinator.
What will Tier 1 and 2 soldiers do after arriving at gaining unit ?
1. attend newcomers brief
2. complete in-processing survey in ACT within 45 days of arrival
What are the types of sponsorship?
1. advanced arrival sponsorship
3. reactionary sponsorship
what is an advanced arrival sponsorship?
The gaining command will assign a sponsor prior to the arrival of inbound personnel. This allows the Command time to accommodate the incoming soldiers needs.
what is out-sponsorship?
Every departing soldier will be offered out-sponsorship assistance during out-processing, however soldiers will need to out-process as much on their own.
What is reactionary sponsorship?
sponsorship provided for unprogrammed arrivals when the time between assignments and reporting date is too short.
What is the Armys enterprise solution for standardizing sponsorship?
TASP Module in ACT
When will a sponsor be assigned for a Permanent Party?
no later than 120 days before report date
when will a sponsor be assigned for Initial military training soldiers?
within 5 calendar days of receipt announcing soldiers pending arrival
when will a sponsor be assigned for Troop Program Units?
within 15 calendar days of report date
When will a sponsor be assigned for Outside Continental United States bound soldiers?
no later than 120 days from inbound soldiers report date
When must first term and junior enlisted soldiers be assigned a reactionary sponsor upon arrival at an installation?
within 24 hours
who should commanders or supervisors appoint to help newcomers whose sponsor goes on unexpected emergency leave or other absence or can no longer provide adequate sponsorship for other reasons?
To the greatest extent possible, in addition to being leaders, what will sponsors be?
1. equal in grade or higher than the incoming or departing solder
2. of the same gender, marital status and military career field
3.familiar with the unit, activity, and community
During regular Garrison acitivity, what is the sponsor-soldier ratio?
should not exceed 1:5 unless the commander says otherwise
when will individuals be exempt from sponsorship duty?
1. being replaced by the incoming solder
2. out-processing or within 90 days of PCS as of inbound soldiers report date
3. pending unfavorable actions or undergoing administrative separation
projected to be absent during the first 60 days after the newcomers arrival
5. pending medical or physical evaluation board.
once a sponsor has been appointed, what will be immediately available to the incoming soldier via TASP Module in ACT?
A Welcome Letter
Prior to assuming sponsorship duties, sponsors will complete sponsorship training from one of the three approved training platforms?
3. bde/bn unit sponsorship coordinator
what is addressed in sponsorship training?
1. duties and responsibilities of sponsors and inbound soldiers
2. when and where to greet newcomers
3. sponsor acknowledgement of receipt of soldier upon arrival to unit.
4. available community and information resources
what three means will commanders use to evaluate the success of their sponsorship programs and the performance of their sponsors?
1. newcomers interviews
2. review of sponsorship program survey results
3. organization inspection program
when will sponsorship program surveys be completed by every newly arrived soldier and all outbound soldiers?
within 45 days of in-processing and by all outbound soldiers prior to out-processing
why is recognizing a deserving sponsor important?
when performed with care, knowledge and sincerity, sponsorship will benefit the unit, soldier, and his or her family.
Sets found in the same folder
ARMY LEADERSHIP ARMY COMMAND POLICY
Army Study Guide - Drill & Ceremony (TC 3-21.5 or…
Sets with similar terms
Army Sponsorship Program
Army Sponsorship Program
M-SLC Unit Sponsorship Program
Other sets by this creator
ARMY EO PROGRAM AR 600-20 CH 6
NCOES & NCOPD AR350-1
The Counseling Process ATP 6-22.1
Madigan NCO Support Channel/Chain of Command
Other Quizlet sets
MGMT Unit 1 Practice Exam Questions
Contemporary Economic Issues
Potter and Perry, Fundamentals: Chapter 11 - Devel…