6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- A material that allows electrons to move easily through it.
- A closed path through which electrons flow.
- A power source that generates electric current by a chemical reaction
- The unit of electrical energy
- The flow of electrons through a wire or any conductor; measured in a amperes (A) with an ammeter.
5 True/False questions
electrical power → The rate at which electrical energy is converted to another form of energy; this is expressed in watts (W) or kilowatts (kW).
electric field → An area surrounding an electron that exerts a force on anything nearby with an electric charge; is strongest nearest the electron and weakens with a distance.
static electricity → The net buildup of electric charges on an object.
parallel circuit → An electrical circuit where the current flows through more than one path. If one path is interrupted, current will still flow through the other paths.
electroscope → A device containing two suspended metal leaves in a jar that move apart when charged; used to detect the presence of electric charges.