6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The force exerted by a machine to overcome resistance to gravity or friction
- The rate at which electrical energy is converted to another form of energy; this is expressed in watts (W) or kilowatts (kW).
- A device containing two suspended metal leaves in a jar that move apart when charged; used to detect the presence of electric charges.
- A power of source that acts as an electron pump and generates electric current by a chemical reaction
- A material that does not allow heat or electrons to move through it easily.
5 True/False questions
series circuit → An electrical circuit where the current flows through more than one path. If one path is interrupted, current will still flow through the other paths.
potential difference → The difference in electric potential energy between two different points; measured in volts (V).
circuit → A closed path through which electrons flow.
kilowatt-hour → A material that does not allow heat or electrons to move through it easily.
ohm's law → States that potential difference=current X resistance, or V (volts)=I (amperes) X R (ohms).