6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The difference in electric potential energy between two different points; measured in volts (V).
- A device containing two suspended metal leaves in a jar that move apart when charged; used to detect the presence of electric charges.
- A material that allows electrons to move easily through it.
- A power of source that acts as an electron pump and generates electric current by a chemical reaction
- An area surrounding an electron that exerts a force on anything nearby with an electric charge; is strongest nearest the electron and weakens with a distance.
5 True/False questions
circuit → A closed path through which electrons flow.
series circuit → An electrical circuit where the current has only one path. If the path is interrupted in any point, it stops current flow in the entire circuit.
current → The flow of electrons through a wire or any conductor; measured in a amperes (A) with an ammeter.
resistance → The force exerted by a machine to overcome resistance to gravity or friction
electrical power → The rate at which electrical energy is converted to another form of energy; this is expressed in watts (W) or kilowatts (kW).