6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- An electrical circuit where the current has only one path. If the path is interrupted in any point, it stops current flow in the entire circuit.
- A material that allows electrons to move easily through it.
- The force exerted by a machine to overcome resistance to gravity or friction
- A material that does not allow heat or electrons to move through it easily.
- States that potential difference=current X resistance, or V (volts)=I (amperes) X R (ohms).
5 True/False questions
potential difference → The rate at which electrical energy is converted to another form of energy; this is expressed in watts (W) or kilowatts (kW).
electric field → An area surrounding an electron that exerts a force on anything nearby with an electric charge; is strongest nearest the electron and weakens with a distance.
electroscope → A device containing two suspended metal leaves in a jar that move apart when charged; used to detect the presence of electric charges.
current → A closed path through which electrons flow.
kilowatt-hour → The unit of electrical energy