Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (105)
-Under 18 w/out training
-under 18 w/out test
Motor vehicle used to transport persons and designed to carry more than 10 passengers including the operator; other than a taxi
Who can hold a class A or B CDL?
-under 17 cannot
-under 18 can w/ training
Used primarily as a farm implement- plow, or mowing machine
15 years old
-written test only
When citing for speeding:
-alleged speed of violator
DD not available over 25mph
To leave a vehicle unattended what must one do?
-set parking brake
-turn wheels toward curb
Trailers and Semi-Trailers not requiring brakes/inspections
Gross weight less than 4,500 lbs.
note, brakes not needed if more than 4,500 but less than 15,000 lbs and traveling less than 30mph
Stop Lamps requirements
- At least 2
- Prior to 1960 needs 1
-Amber to Red
-Visible 300 feet
School Crossing Guard age required
18 years or older to direct traffic at a school crosswalk
Restrictions on minors
-Under 18- cannot drive between 12am and 5 am unless emergency/employment/school related
-No electronic devices
-no more than one person under 21 unless family member.
4 or more feet past bed
-2 red lamps- 500 feet visibility
-2 red reflectors on max width- 100-600 feet visible
2 red lamps, max overhang- visible 500 ft. to side
-Red flags 12 inches square where lamps required.
When should high beams be turned off?
-Within 500 feet of approaching vehicle.
-Within 300 feet from rear of another vehicle.
When should turn signals be used?
100 feet before turn;
required when steering post to front left side is more than 2 feet in length
or, from steering post to rear is more than 14 feet.
-Must hold for six months
- must have person over 21 w/ one year of driving experience in front passenger seat.
Exclusive for pedestrian use and marked w/ adequate signs.
-use crosswalk when available
- obey traffic signals
-yield right of way to vehicles when not at crosswalk
- must use sidewalk if present
- if no sidewalk: walk facing traffic
Next to roadway, distinguished by different design, not for vehicle travel
Sun Screen Device
-Must have label that is legible, contains light transmission info, and permanently installed in window. 25% rule
- at least 15 years old
- Economic hardship
- vocational school
- visible smoke 10 seconds or longer;
-smoke remains suspended in air for more than 10 seconds
Any sign, signal, or marking device
Official traffic control device
Common area at junction of two highways
-has right of way in intersection -vehicular traffic entering from intersecting highway required to yield right of way in compliance with official traffic control device
Promise to appear on a citation
- Time and place to appear
- minimum 10 days
What must happen at a Railroad Crossing?
-stop 15-50 feet from rail
if no sign, stop if train within 1500 feet;
train shall blow whistle 1/4 mile from crossing
Hazard lamp requirement
Same color as signal lamps; visible 500 feet.
Designed to draw another vehicle and not meant to carry a load independently.
One or more vehicle trying to out gain or out distance another.
2 or more vehicles from a point side by side to another point.
Class B up to Felony 2
- unattended more than 48 hours and inoperable older than 5 year vehicle
- illegally parked on public property more than 48 hours
- on private property w/out consent for more than 48 hours
Shall send notice to last known address, year, make, model, and location being held.
-no more than 2
- cannot aim at another
At least one w/ view of 200 feet to rear.
Seat belt required
must have in front if vehicle manufactured to have them.
Windshield wipers required
Must have in good condition
Must have to reduce noise.
-cannot cut or bypass
How is a DL for a person under 21 different from a person over 21?
Under 21 is vertical
What traffic offenses are only citations issued for?
Passing a School Bus
- Only when bus drives off
- operator signals to pass
- operator turns stop lights off
Does not need to stop if on other side of divided highway.
light requirements on bicycles
- white lamp on front visible 500 feet;
- red reflector on back 50-300 feet or red lamp 500 feet.
Two tandem wheels, one of which 14 inches in diameter, propelled by human power.
Who can draw blood?
- Qualified tech
- Registered nurse
- licensed nurse
Must be in sanitary place
Tail lamp requirements
- at least 2
- 15-72 inches high
- red light visible 1,000 feet
White light illuminates rear license plate for 50 feet.
- if built before 1960 then one required
Stop lamp requirements
-at least 2
- red or amber light
- visible in normal sunlight 300 feet.
-displayed when brakes applied
-at least 2
- at least one on each side of front
- 24-54 inches high
Light color requirements
Unless otherwise specified:
- lights on rear must be red
- signaling lights on rear must be red, amber, or yellow
What type of lights shall not project a beam past 75 feet?
Lamps with 300 candle power or more
Audible Warning Device requirements
-Heard form 200 feet
- cannot make harsh or excessive noise
Motorcycle w/ 250 cc engine or less?
List the prima facie speed limits
- Urban district: 30 mph
- Alley: 15 mph
- School bus passed inspection: 60 mph
- School bus not passed: 50 mph
-Beach: 15 mph
- State or US numbered highway outside of Urban District: 70 mph
- Outside urban district and not numbered by State or US: 60 mph
- Over 21 w/o safety course or
When can a vehicle drive on an improved shoulder?
- to stop, stand, park
- pass vehicle making left turn
- Slow down to turn right
- Speed up to merge into traffic
- Avoid collision
- allow faster vehicle to pass
- obeying traffic control device
Motor driven cycle, 50 cc's or less or less than 2 horsepower?
A traffic control signal can be...
Chemical compound/mixture intended to provide an explosion
Motor cycle requirement.
equipped w/ rider saddle and not more than 3 wheels
Liquid with flashpoint not more than 70 degrees F.
More than 3 passengers in the front seat of a vehicle that obstruct the operators ability to view or operate.
Obstruction of operator's view
Child safety seat requirements
-Child younger than 8 unless taller than 4'9"
Where can a neighborhood electric vehicle be driven?
on a street or highway w/ posted speed of 45 mph or less;
however cannot go faster than 35 mph or posted limit
A vehicle that can attain a max speed of 35 mph is what?
Neighborhood electric vehicle.
Types of financial responsibility
- liability insurance
- surety bond
- self insurance
Proof of insurance:
- standard proof
- image on wireless
Info on insurance:
- name and address
- premium charges
- policy period
- limits of liability
trailer w/out motive power, drawn by another vehicle and secured by a pole
Mandatory specimens required:
- died or will die
- Bodily injury transported to hospital
- child passenger, intox manslaughter, intox assault
- Previous conviction
10 or less including operator
-not in a city
- at intervals less than 100 feet
- at least a 1/4 mile on each side of highway
Wilful or wanton disregard for safety of persons/property
-Max $200 fine
- County jail no more than 30 days
- or both
Driving while license invalid
- driving when license cancelled, suspended, or revoked
- Fine, 6 months in jail, or both
- starts at Class C misd.
$1-$200 fine unless otherwise stated
- 3 or more wheels
- use by disabled
- battery powered
- less than 8 mph
- considered a pedestrian
Motorized Mobility Device
Fog lamp requirements
- no more than 2
- mounted on front
- 12-30 inches
- can be used w/ head lamps
Auxiliary passing lamp requirements:
- no more than 2
- mounted 24-42 inches high
Cannot if dead or unconscious
- lose license for not less than 180 days
- 21 years old no refusal for .08 lose license for at least 90 days.
- under 21 any amount lose license for not less than 60 days.
Incidentally used (construction equipment) not designed to transport passengers
Special mobile equipment
Emergency vehicle equipment
All emergency vehicles must have audible and lighting equipment except police vehicles
road divided into at least 2 marked lanes
Vehicle other than a passenger car or truck that is used as a farm implement or tool for tilling the soil.
Implement of husbandry
What should you do when an emergency vehicle w/ lights and audible is approaching?
-Yield right of way
- pull to right edge
- stop until passed
-follow no closer than 500 feet
- buildings used for business
- 600 foot segments of highway
- within segment, 300 feet of frontage on one or both sides of highway.
Without motive power; constructed that no part of the vehicle weight and load rests on the motor vehicle
More than 15 passengers including the driver
transport students on school related trips not to or from school.
school activity bus
Auxiliary driving lamp requirements
- no more than 2
- mounted 16-42 inches high
Transports persons/load and does not use stationary rails
What happens to license if racing?
-suspended for 1 year
Places where you can't stop, stand, or park.
- in front of driveway
- 15 feet from fire hydrant
- 20 feet from crosswalk at intersection
- 30 feet from traffic control device at intersection
- 20 feet from fire station entrance
-75 feet on opposite side of road from fire station entrance
School bus equipment required:
- convex mirror to see in front of bus
- 2 alternating flashing red lights on front and rear when loading and unloading.
___yrs and under cannot ride in the bed of a truck?
no one under 18 years old
When can an electric personal assistance vehicle be operated on a highway?
when no sidewalk available and speed limit is 30mph or less
Signal lamp requirements
Front: white or amber
Rear: red or amber
-visible 500 feet if 80 inches or wider
-visible 300 feet if less than 80 inches
Does not apply if built before 1960
General ATV Rules
-under 14 must have parent or guardian
- if on public property: working brakes, muffler, spark arrester, headlights, and tail lights.
-helmet and eye protection
Can cross a highway but must yield right of way
Between boundary lines and open to the public for vehicle traffic defines what?
divided,controlled highway for through traffic defines what?
Truck that has carrying capacity 2,000 pounds or less?
Other lamps permitted:
-2 side cowl/fender lamps
-2 running board lamps
Who can park in disabled parking?
- cannot walk 200 feet w/out resting
- assisted by device to walk
- heart condition
Disabled permit plaque requirements:
- hooked on two sides
- blue and white or red and white
- hung from mirror
With or without motive power used to transport persons or property
-Part of weight/load rests on another defines what?
-at least 300 feet of frontage is residences or building used for business and residences.
What are the 3 times a traffic offender is required to be taken before magistrate?
- Fail to stop (accident/damage to property)
- Demands to see judge
- Refuses to sign ticket
-at least 2 on rear
- mounted 15-60 inches high
- 100-600 feet visible with low beams
Self propelled or overhead trolley wires
A trailer or semi-trailer, other than a towable recreational vehicle used for dwelling purposes less than 40 feet in length defines what?
Sets found in the same folder
Sets with similar terms
Traffic Review Qs
Other sets by this creator
Multiculturalism and Human Relations
Standard Field Sobriety Testing(SFST)
TCC Police Academy, Week 1, Professional Policing/…
Other Quizlet sets
Advanced Pharm II Midterm: Diabetes Mellitus
NSG 310 quiz #10