5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 4 Nitrogen Bases of RNA
- Guanine's bonding pair, "G"
- Meselson and Stahl
- a made of sugar, 1 nucleotide and 1 phosphate
- b a region of DNA typically found near the middle of a chromosome where two identical sister chromatids come closest in contact.
- c "C", Cytosine
- d Models of Replication; Conservative, semiconservative, disruptive/dispersive
- e Adenine
5 Multiple choice questions
- bead-like structures with 140 base pairs of DNA wrapped around a disc of eight histone proteins.
- Transcription (protein synthesis), Translation, Replication
- special proteins that help link mucleosomes together for communication and support
- when a double helix replicates, each of the two daughter molecules will have one old strand, derived from the parent molecule and one newly made strand.
- Neurospora research, experiment on fungus and mold - "one gene one enzyme"
5 True/False questions
Helix Destabilizing Proteins → Keeps strands separate
Okazaki fragments → little pieces of DNA on the lagging strand that patches DNA nucleotides.
Ligase → made of sugar, 1 nucleotide and 1 phosphate
4 Nitrogen Bases of DNA → Adenine
Single-Strand binding proteins → keeps strands of DNA from recombining, binds to and stabilizes single-stranded DNA until it can be used as a template