5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Griffith Study
- Histone Proteins
- Beadle "Beets" and Tatum
- 4 Nitrogen Bases of DNA
- a a region of DNA typically found near the middle of a chromosome where two identical sister chromatids come closest in contact.
- b Neurospora research, experiment on fungus and mold - "one gene one enzyme"
- c described the theory of transformation; mouse study with bacteria
- d Proteins that bind to the segment of DNA that links neighboring beads.
- e Adenine
5 Multiple choice questions
- "T", Thymine
- adds the RNA Primer; Synthesizes an RNA primer at 5 prime end of leading strand and of each Okazaki fragment of lagging strand
- "C", Cytosine
- is acidic, negatively charged and associated with postiviely charged histone proteins.
- Transcription (protein synthesis), Translation, Replication
5 True/False questions
Nucleosomes → In Eukaryotic chromosomal DNA molecules that have a special nucleotide sequence such as TTAGGG
Telo-meres → Junk DNA at the ends of DNA strands
Meselson and Stahl → Models of Replication; Conservative, semiconservative, disruptive/dispersive
Ribose → made of sugar, 1 nucleotide and 1 phosphate
Bacteriophage → virus that attacks bacteria