5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- DNA Polymerase
- Beadle "Beets" and Tatum
- In what phase does DNA replication take place?
- 4 Nitrogen Bases of DNA
- a installs new nucleotids; catalyzes the snythesis of new DNA by adding nucleotides to a pre-existing chain.
- b Adenine
- c Neurospora research, experiment on fungus and mold - "one gene one enzyme"
- d S Phase...sister chromatids form
- e the bacteriophage that was used in the Hershey and Chase study
5 Multiple choice questions
- the rough strand
- Each strand of both daughter molecules contains a mixture of old and newly synthesized parts.
- described the theory of transformation; mouse study with bacteria
- The components are:
- adds the RNA Primer; Synthesizes an RNA primer at 5 prime end of leading strand and of each Okazaki fragment of lagging strand
5 True/False questions
Transformation → the idea that bacteria take up DNA from their environment;
a change in genotype and phenotype due to the assimilation of external DNA by a cell
DNA Polymerase I → installs new nucleotids; catalyzes the snythesis of new DNA by adding nucleotides to a pre-existing chain.
Kinetochore → a region of DNA typically found near the middle of a chromosome where two identical sister chromatids come closest in contact.
Purines → 2 ringed Nitrogen base
DNA → is antiparallel with a 5'prime end and a 3'prime end