5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In what phase does DNA replication take place?
- Beadle "Beets" and Tatum
- Okazaki fragments
- a S Phase...sister chromatids form
- b microtubule strands connected to centromeres.
- c little pieces of DNA on the lagging strand that patches DNA nucleotides.
- d Joins partial strands together; joins 3' end of DNA that replaces primer to rest of leading strand and joins Okazaki fragments of lagging strand
- e Neurospora research, experiment on fungus and mold - "one gene one enzyme"
5 Multiple choice questions
- Molecules detect mismatched pairs and replace them with the correct pairs
- is acidic, negatively charged and associated with postiviely charged histone proteins.
- "C", Cytosine
- untwists the double helix at the replication forks
- the smooth strand
5 True/False questions
Lagging Strand → the rough strand
Template Strand → The strand of the DNA double helix that is copied by a base pair complementary to make an RNA.
Histone Protein → Proteins that bind to the segment of DNA that links neighboring beads.
Anti-parallel strands → Top end and bottom end are not parallel, 5 prime has phosphate end and 3 prime has an OH- end.
DNA Polymerase I → installs new nucleotids; catalyzes the snythesis of new DNA by adding nucleotides to a pre-existing chain.