5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Meselson and Stahl
- Template Strand
- 4 Nitrogen Bases of DNA
- a adds the RNA Primer; Synthesizes an RNA primer at 5 prime end of leading strand and of each Okazaki fragment of lagging strand
- b virus that attacks bacteria
- c Adenine
- d The strand of the DNA double helix that is copied by a base pair complementary to make an RNA.
- e Models of Replication; Conservative, semiconservative, disruptive/dispersive
5 Multiple choice questions
- keeps strands of DNA from recombining, binds to and stabilizes single-stranded DNA until it can be used as a template
- Top end and bottom end are not parallel, 5 prime has phosphate end and 3 prime has an OH- end.
- made of sugar, 1 nucleotide and 1 phosphate
- the bacteriophage that was used in the Hershey and Chase study
- a region of DNA typically found near the middle of a chromosome where two identical sister chromatids come closest in contact.
5 True/False questions
Purines → adds the RNA Primer; Synthesizes an RNA primer at 5 prime end of leading strand and of each Okazaki fragment of lagging strand
Helix Destabilizing Proteins → Keeps strands separate
Helicase → untwists the double helix at the replication forks
Avery, Macleod and McCarthy Study → determined that DNA is the genetic material of inheritance; bacteriophage study
Q Region → is the large region of a chromosome