5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In what phase does DNA replication take place?
- Histone Proteins
- a Each strand of both daughter molecules contains a mixture of old and newly synthesized parts.
- b S Phase...sister chromatids form
- c Proteins that bind to the segment of DNA that links neighboring beads.
- d the idea that bacteria take up DNA from their environment;
a change in genotype and phenotype due to the assimilation of external DNA by a cell
- e adds the RNA Primer; Synthesizes an RNA primer at 5 prime end of leading strand and of each Okazaki fragment of lagging strand
5 Multiple choice questions
- keeps strands of DNA from recombining, binds to and stabilizes single-stranded DNA until it can be used as a template
- determined that DNA is the genetic material of inheritance; bacteriophage study
- Models of Replication; Conservative, semiconservative, disruptive/dispersive
- microtubule strands connected to centromeres.
- made of sugar, 1 nucleotide and 1 phosphate
5 True/False questions
Topoisomerase → An Enzyme that breaks DNA strands allowing them to untwist them during replication
Leading Strand → the rough strand
Anti-parallel strands → The strand of the DNA double helix that is copied by a base pair complementary to make an RNA.
Okazaki fragments → little pieces of DNA on the lagging strand that patches DNA nucleotides.
Helicase → untwists the double helix at the replication forks