5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Functions of DNA
- Helix Destabilizing Proteins
- RNA Primer
- a virus that attacks bacteria
- b Transcription (protein synthesis), Translation, Replication
- c building block for nucleic acids
- d Each strand of both daughter molecules contains a mixture of old and newly synthesized parts.
- e Keeps strands separate
5 Multiple choice questions
- highly alkaline proteins found in eukaryotic cells nuclei that package and order the DNA into structural units called nucleosomes
- Treated the DNA with two enzymes, a protease degrades proteins; DNAse degrades DNA.
- described the theory of transformation; mouse study with bacteria
- Molecules detect mismatched pairs and replace them with the correct pairs
- S Phase...sister chromatids form
5 True/False questions
Deoxyribose → made of sugar, 1 nucleotide and 1 phosphate
Scaffolding Proteins → Proteins that bind to the segment of DNA that links neighboring beads.
Adenine's bonding pair, "A" → "T", Thymine
Telomeres → Junk DNA at the ends of DNA strands
DNA Nuclease → installs new nucleotids; catalyzes the snythesis of new DNA by adding nucleotides to a pre-existing chain.