Hypercholesterolemia: Obtain a diet history, especially in regard to fat con- sumption.
● Pruritus: Assess severity of itching and skin integrity. Dose may be decreased when relief of pruritus occurs.
● Diarrhea:Assess frequency, amount, and consistency of stools.
● Lab Test Considerations: Serum cholesterol and triglyceride levels should be evaluated before initiating, frequently during first few months and periodically throughout therapy. Discontinue medication if paradoxical increase in choles-
terol level occurs.
● May cause an increase in AST, ALT, phosphorus,chloride,and alkaline phosphatase and a decrease in serum calcium, sodium, and potassium levels.
● May also cause prolonged prothrombin times.
Neuroleptic malignant syndrome, dizziness, restlessness, constipation, diarrhea, assess heart rate and heart sounds, watch for extra pyramidal symptoms, tardive dyskinesia, akathisia, dystonias, pseudoparkinsonism, assess bp Watch respiration's, drowsiness, breathing problems, seizure, suicidal thoughts, bradycardia, hypotension, syncope, paradoxical CNS stimulation, dystonia, tremor