5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Animals and inanimate objects
- Christ as a Victim
- Double Precession of the Holy Spirit
- a give praise to God " through the mouths of thos who meditate upon them" (ppl. realizing that God created it)
- b Most popular theory in Western Christianity
- c closeness to the apostles
- d In the eastern church, in line with the teaching of teh first council of Constantinople, the Holy Spirit is understood to proceed from the father through the son (single procession). Augustine, however, spoke of the Spirit as the mutual love of the Father and the Son in his tract De Trinitate. Based on this view the western church included filoque in the Nicene Constantinopolitan Creed.
- e Is Greek for "Soul"
5 Multiple choice questions
Unitive (Strengthening the bonds of love)
- When Christians received communions; (last supper)
Catholics believe that wine / bread actually become the resurrected body and blood of christ
- He supported the Council of Nicea & believed in Jesus' divinity
However, he believed that Jesus did not have a human soul
He thought that the divine logos of the son had invaded Jesus ' body and made him lack the things that made on human.
No pain, No doubt, no emotions
Which implies the emotions that Jesus was making in the bible were fake.
- This formula settled the argument between Cyril and Nestorius
Said that Jesus Christ is one person, who has two natures which are unconfused in their union
- And that Mary is Theotikos (the source fo Jesus humanity)
-And that Jesus is homoousios with us humans and his humanity
- Paints Jesus as human (Catechetical school in Egypt)
5 True/False questions
Cappadocia Fathers → Person who made this great studyguide.
Arguere → Latin for "to make clear"
Filioque → means "and the son" part of the Constantinopolitan Creed
Augury → Latin for "to make clear"
Predestination → You are either predestined for heaven or hell, and there is nothing that you can do about it.