5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Christ as a Restorer
- High Christology
- "The Rule"
- a Recapitulation Theory
-Also called Theosis (meaning deification: which means to become like christ)
-The eastern church believed that Jesus came to complete our creation, they believed that he would have come even if humans after Adam did not sin.
-Anthanasius said, " God became human so that we could become more like God"
- b -Augustus' son
-birthed by Augustus' concubine
-loved very much by Augustus
-He died very young and his death damn near destroyed Augustus
-His name means, "Gift of God/ given by God"
- c Paints Jesus as divine (Catechetical school in Antioch)
- d Regulations about how monks / nuns should live together
- e Is Greek for "Soul"
5 Multiple choice questions
- the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ
Unitive (Strengthening the bonds of love)
- Person who made this great studyguide.
- giving human qualities to something that isn't human; Augustus did this with the concept of continence.
- As understood by Augustine, this is the stain with which all humans are infected by the way of the first sin. It's inheritance seems to be effected by concupiscence, a spontaneous desire that flairs up in our fallen humanity, beyond the control of our rationality.
5 True/False questions
continence → "Father of Monasticism"; monks and nuns moved ot the desert
Christology → Is the study of Christ; What you believe about Jesus.
Law of Love → i. Love God above all things
ii. Love your neighbor as you love yourself
Aurelius Augustinus → -Wrote and spoke latin
-from Thagaste, Nomidia (today called Algeria)
-Taught rhetoric (argue, debate, speaking, justifying your opinion)
-Was a great hermeneutic
- Two greatest books:
Confessions (Latin: Testimonium)
City of God
Nestorius → -Augustus' lifelong friend
-His weakness was the circus
-Was very honest; had a very strong sense of morality
-Government official; never accepted a bribe